SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone I know has a line on straight T3s from Z31s for $200. He says they will bolt up to the GTi-R manifold. He also says you can upgrade them to T4s. Is any or all of this good/true? Should I jump on this or forget about it?

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
The Z31 runs a T3 Turbo that has a T3 EX flange. The pulsar GTIR runs a T25 EX flange. The 87-89 Z31 have a T25 EX housing but it still has a T3 EX flange on it, its some funky hibrid that Nissan did. So who ever told you that crap has no idea what they are talkin about.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought. Just wanted to reaffirm my own suspicions. Thanks :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
$200? I hope he means they work for that price. I've found a U-Pull-It yard that sells turbos, any turbo, for $90. I have one T03 and am going back for more soon. I've even found KKK, IHI, and TD04 turbos, if anyone cares. No, I don't know if they work tho. I plan for a re-build automatically anyway.

·
Registered
43 Posts
U-Pull-It
3250 w Broadway, Phoenix. The zip code isn't listed in the phone book.
It's the best yard I've found yet. The only downside is that it's always somewhat busy. There can be quite a bit of competition for the rarer parts. Fortunately turbos aren't rare. Forget finding ANY B14 or B13 parts there. I haven't seen any of those cars AT ALL. Let me know if you need help looking for T03 turbos and want to know what cars to pull them out of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts