SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had Ground Control coil overs and KYB AGX shocks installed on my 98 SER. Over-all I like the set-up every much. But, the more I drive throughout the day the more I hear this strange groaning/creeking noise from the front of my car as I take slow turns (pulling into/out of parking spaces, etc). I think that it is the springs rotating as I turn but I'm not sure. Has anyone experienced this type of thing? Is it a sign of pending disaster? What do I need to do to get it to stop? Thanks.

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
I think this is part of the installation process...have you seen the write-up on sentra online magazine..?? It shows how to install noise free GC's/AGX's...check it out, I think it was last months SOLM

·
Registered
342 Posts
Do you have camber plates? If so, check your castor. I had mine set to far forward and it was binding up. Clunk, clunk, sproiing :)

I had my spring upside down on one side. I thought it wouln't make a difference, but it did :confused:

Do you have sufficient torque on the strut? Is it shaking at speed? Any play in the top mount?

Oh yeah, grease that bad boy up.

BTW, I need some alignment tools or a good shop. You should have seen the look on the face of the monkey at pepboys when he saw my setup :confused:

Cheers,
Charlie

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No camber plates, everything seems tight - does not shake at speed. The noises seem about the same. The weird thing to me is that it doesn't always do it. In the morning when I first start driving everything is good and quiet. By the time I get to work it's there alittle. Coming home it sounds like something is really wrong. Then fine again in the morning!

I'll look for that sentra online write-up. That might help shed some light on this.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Hey go to your local hardware store buy a rubber plumbing mat and cut peices for the spring perch for the spring to sit on , then cut anther peice for the top of the spring. The reason it doesn't make much noise in the morning is the moisture in the air or dew is semi lubricating it . Grease everything up!!

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
grease the torrington bearing and top hat every once in a while. I bet that will take care of the squicking.

-saaby

1 - 8 of 8 Posts