SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have had this problem just about since I got the car. I thought I was changing gears funny or holding the clutch or something but as I try different footwork and stuff the sound still happens. Whenever I'm in reverse, 1st, 2nd and now sometimes 3rd and I'm slowing down to stop so I'll put the car in neural from a gear and barely touch the brakes and I hear lound popping and almost snapping sounds. So I figure it was because I was putting the car into neutral so instead I tried applying the brakes slightly while still in gear then to slow down, I still got the same exact sounds. I'm beginning to think it isn't something I've done but maybe something loose on the car. Hopefully this makes since and I just haven't rambled about something, if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

- Jason :confused:

·
8,148 Posts
May be a worn passengers side motor mount. Classic signs.

Also the drivers door hinges are known to make this noise.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've got the same thing going on. I just figured it was a suspension bushing. I'm on new struts and (presumably) the original springs. Hadn't thought about the passenger MM. Will the mount look visibly worn?

Blake
91nx2k

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey people, well the popping sound will have to wait for looking into as far as what I can possibly do. I'm a newbie when it comes to hands on auto repair but I'm going to have to apparently replace the starter. ANd since I can't afford the $100 or so that most places around here charge for labor its up to me. I was hoping when the car wouldn't start it was a battery problem so I took it out and to an auto store and the battery was bad. I had my hopes up until I put the battery in and the car didn't start. The guy at the auto shop said the battery had a short in the bottom of it. So maybe I'll just whack the starter a few times with a hammer once I get it jacked up some. :p

- Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts