SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new brake pads on stock brake system 91 Nissan Sentra SE-R. I run synth valvoline brake fluid, and have SMC stainless brake lines to put in when I do the pads.

Axxis Metal Master pads are a good price - but how will they do this winter when it's 30 degrees farenheit? Are the porterfield R4S at twice the dollars worth the extra $$ and are they better cold?

I have a short 5 mile commute with fair traffic volumn, so the brakes will often be cold versus warm, but when I need the brakes when a yahoo pulls out in front of me I need em ready.

Checked the archives but still not sure.

Thanks
Dan:confused:

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Iv'e used the Axxis pads in the winter and had no trouble at all. With the fresh fluid and smc lines your brakes should feel real good. You'll like em.

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
james vick said:
Iv'e used the Axxis pads in the winter and had no trouble at all. With the fresh fluid and smc lines your brakes should feel real good. You'll like em.
Thanks James - I'll probably go with metal masters vice porterfields due to price if they work good at around 30 degrees (Tx Winter). Any differing opinions out there?

Dan

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
I have the porterfields right now; when they're hot, they are amazing! When they are cold, you better leave yourself a lot of space! I'd say once it drops below 50, you need to warm up the porterfields a bit before they bite normally.

Khiem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts