SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
This is just a shot into the dark here, but lets figure that the kits add say, 15% more displacement. You could probably boost the predicted power output of you engine by 15% or so. So if you built up a 200HP NA Engine, you could maybe squeeze 230 or so out of it. That is just a rough explanation, and I am not sure how off I am. But, it just gives you an idea. IIRC, these kits are very expensive, so if you are looking for big power, I would just go turbo or nitrous.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nupinpanty:
I will try this again, About how much H/P will I get with either a Jun kit or Toda kit any one know? </font>
Well the Toda kit comes with low compression pistons so I would count on gaining much hp. Unless you plan on going FI or replacing the pistons with some high compression slugs. with 11.5 or 12:1 I think 220hp is possible when stroked.

·
egg-less
348 Posts
I have been thinking about a stroker kit for my NX also, and I have a couple of questions:

Would the non-cam JWT ECU work with a stroker kit, or do you need a special ECU? And if you need a special one, has JWT or someone else made one?

Also, would any of JWT's cams work with a stroked motor?

·
Registered
113 Posts
A stroker kit would be nice for torque. I just read in the Oct '01 SCC that destroking allows for a higher rev limit and more top-end power. Have you guys read the article about the "The Ultimate Golf"?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts