SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dynoed my car for the first time this weekend at the Redneck Rally. I am stock powerwise except for open airbox and 20 degree timing with 93 octane. I just got back home late last night and am at work now so I can't scan the dyno chart in until
later, but with just those free mods I made

129.1 hp
124.1 ft-lbs

All the folks watching that come up on the screen there when google-eyed when that came up on the screen.
This is a "slow-ass" 98 with the crappy cams and everything. 40k on the odo.
STOCK even. WTF? :)

More importantly, please read my next thread on the addition of a 91 intake
cam- becomes VERY interesting...

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had 20 degrees timing just cuz I wanted to- have had it for a few weeks. 3rd gear. NoVTECSER will have to tell you what kind of dyno

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well the family car strikes back :) well maybe you can figure out whats up with that cam and all will be better

·
Registered
466 Posts
The dyno is a DynoJet 248c. This is the same one SCC uses for their tests. We used 3rd gear because non-JWT ECU B14 owners hit the speed limiter in 4th before the power peak

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I still think that the cam you took out is not a normal 98 cam. I'm not saying that it didn't come in your car from the factory, but it didn't look right.

I just looked at my 99 cams (only difference is 0.002" of lift) and I remember your 'stock' cam being sharper and peakier (is that a word?). Just going by appearance, I'd say your cam had less duration and more lift than normal stock. Measure the lift. I hope that reading is above spec for a 98 which would answer this question. I am WAY behind on email so I haven't seen if you posted this to the list. Tell them about the smoothness also, if you haven't posted it yet.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
well, mine made 157 hp and 163 ft lbs of torque, all at 2700 rpms. that was detonating on the NOS though. not detonationg anymore, and runs alot stronger, probably makes 175-180 hp and probably 180-185 ft lbs of torque now. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts