SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly are adujustable coil overs, what kind of springs are good for the NX, what about struts, please tell me any info you know about NX suspension, because i am trying to decide on what i want for suspension, and i know nothing aboutit, thaanks alot.

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
the best struts by far are the kyb agx adjustables man. as far as springs i like the eibach sportlines. ive heard not to buy tokico's.....a friend of mine with a classic se-r auto-xed his with the kyb's and they lasted a long time. the same guy told me tokicos wont last you 6 months! then again that is only what i have heard.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I would suguest against the Sportlines. They lower the car too much and you will bottom out alot. If you want less expensive, go with either Eibach pro-kits or the Hypercoils. As far as coil-overs go the best for stock type struts (KYB AGX) would be the Ground controls. The best thing about coil-overs is that you can raise and lower you car between 0-4 inches. and with the GCs you can pick your spring rates. If you really want to spend some money get a full set up compleat with shortened struts for more travel and coilovers. Something like Motavational (not all that expencive) Truechoice or Shocktech.

------------------
MarC
93 NX2000
JWT POP charger
15.5 1/4 mile

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Yeah, what MarC said.

I was going to point you to a great post that used to be in the archives but is now gone.. Wha happen?

You can check out www.se-r.net for more information on more than just suspension.

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

[This message has been edited by Scarpa (edited 10-03-2001).]

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i want to be able raise and lower my car, but what i want to know is do the coil overs replace the springs or do i need springs in conjuction with them and also would i need new struts? What adjustable coilovers would you go with in combination with springs and struts(provided u need them), and also a average price for all this. THanks alot

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
ive had sportlines with the agx's for a while and never bottomed out.......

what about something like koni inserts? dont know much about em but maybe check em out...

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
If you got AGXs and Ground Controls you would get what you want. That is a basic coil-over system and will allow you to adjust ride height, sring rate and damping. This will cost around $750.

However, If you go lower than 1" on GCs the ride will suffer greatly. If you really want to dump the car but retain decent handling, you want a custom setup from either Motivational, Truechoice or Shocktek. Those systems are also coil-over but more complex and run from $1500 for Motivational to a LOT for the high end Truechoice.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Alot, and another question, how hard is it to install strurts and springs yourself???

·
VE junkie
907 Posts
yet another advantage to the sportlines
you dont even need a spring compressor to install. just slide the struts through them and have someone push down on it while you tighten the bolts. all and all it isnt too big of a job but i shop will charge no less than 150 for install from what ive seen. also the price for struts install should be the same as struts and springs installed together, cause they already have everything off. but you could do them yourself, if u go with ground control, i think you need a compressor, and a lift makes it easier, but isnt necessary! just have a few jacks on hand..

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is it ok to leave struts and springs on during the winter or will they rust or go bad sooner???

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it ok to keep your struts or springs on during the winter or will they rust or go bad? Thanks alot!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts