SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Irish carbomb destroyer.
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I goto Kragen to get a price on how much struts are going to be. The guy looked confuse cause my 92 SE-R came up as a Classic Sentra in his computer. He's never seen that. He gives me the quote on the struts and I go about my business. I go home and see how much they are online just in case they are cheaper there. I type the part number in thats one of the rears, and it came up for "1987 - 1990 PULSAR NX & 1987 - 1990 SENTRA" even though I told him it was a 1992 Sentra. Then I typed the other part number thats sopose to be the front struts and get "1987 - 1990 PULSAR NX & 1987 - 1991 SENTRA". Also the price online was $10 cheaper then in the store.

Then I checked the part numbers on the Monroe Sensa-Trac and the came up they are for a B13 but not a classic sentra. I'm pretty sure all b13 are the same(struts i think except the E model). Dunno just seemed confusing to me. Also the rear struts for the Sensa-Trac were 2 differnt prices, that normal?

·
Canyon_Boogie
6,667 Posts
I know how to resolve this issue... dont be a cheap bastard and get some agx's :D

·
wants 2 dry hump chriscar
4,507 Posts
if your looking for stock replacement do yourself the favor and get GR-2's. monroe struts suck donkey balls.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
The B12 Sentra was sold in Canada as the Sentra Classic for a short time after the B13 was introduced. Probably the same part catalog nonsense that makes you buy the non-existent "Japanese-built SE-R" brakes to get AD22VF pads.

·
Irish carbomb destroyer.
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wasnt asking for opinions on what I should spend my money on. lol

I was wondering why the stuff came up Sentra Classic and I think Jim just explained. Now I need to go in there again and find out what I need and how much.

·
vvl se-r
341 Posts
I'm a store manager at Kragens and they will honor the online price. They will also price match struts with the same warranty. Only if you lived near Fresno, I would give you a great deal.

·
Irish carbomb destroyer.
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a store manager at Kragens and they will honor the online price. They will also price match struts with the same warranty. Only if you lived near Fresno, I would give you a great deal.
what kinda deal? lol I'm 2 hours away..:biggthump

·
Fast and unobtrusive....
375 Posts
The B12 Sentra was sold in Canada as the Sentra Classic for a short time after the B13 was introduced. Probably the same part catalog nonsense that makes you buy the non-existent "Japanese-built SE-R" brakes to get AD22VF pads.
That makes sense of why the very helpful guy at a local yard insisted that the boxy pre-'91 B12 was the real "Classic" when he was checking on some parts in the yard for me.

One guy there had a pretty nice S13 hatchback he is freshening up, and when I remarked that I expected that people would find S13/S14's more desirable than my clean '92 SE-R, he and the guy and gal behind the counter all three immediately and emphatically shook their heads "No!" They said folks would line up much deeper for the SE-R.

It was gratifying, but I wouldn't have guessed that. I thought the 240SX was all the rage these days due to its RWD & extremely balanced chassis. Who knew?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts