SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out about the motivational engineering shortened struts. I was going to get AGX"s and stock springs but i fear that the stock springs arent stiff enough. So if i buy prokits ill be riding bumpstops. Does anybody have the shortened struts and prokits. I guess what im really asking is are AGX/stock springs better or shortened struts and lowering springs better. I will not tolerate any kind of bottoming out and also should i worry about bumbs or scrapes on the undercarriage. I plan to at least autox if not spend some time at a track so i want some serious grip.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well, as long as you have bump stops on the AGX/PROKIT combo you will be ok. I have never hit the underside of the car, so dont even worry about that. If you have the cash for the Motivational kit ($1200+), then get that, you cant beat having the extra suspension travel. But, the AGX/PROKIT combo is a great bang for the buck.

-jason

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Well, AGXes on stock springs will cost you a small fraction of other options. How much do you want to spend?

I go to track lapping days and autocrosses with my stock sprung car, but I have Kumho V700 R-compound rubber. With the right tires, a Classic with stock suspension handles all right and is a blast to drive. It does its thing with lots of pitching and diving though, as R-compound tires magnify the softness of the springs.

I'm going to get GC coil-overs and camber plates to go with my AGX if I ever get the funds. I could probably swing a set of Pro-Kits right now, but I'll pass. They're an improvement for street driving, but everyone says they're inadequate for really hardcore lapping/competition use.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
AGXs - ~$400

Shortened Motivational struts - ~$900

ProKits Springs - ~$150?

GCs - ~$400

Full Motivational setup (basically GC + shortened struts) - $1400

I would personally go for GC/AGX combo which would be the best compromise between price and performance. AGXs on stock springs is MUCH cheaper than any other option and rides decently well. If I had the $$$$ I'd get the full motivational setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts