SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"The world is yours"
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this my be the stupidest question ive ever asked but im going to do it.

ok im trying to adjust my timing without a timing light.(called nissan dealership and said i could do that as long as i dont get engine or spark knock). so i loosend the bolts on the distributor and andvanced it all the way(engine running.) i got high idle so i retarded it slightly so it would idle at 1100. anyway to the question if the timing is to advanced and theres no spark knock will anything happen as in burnt valves??

G

·
I am looking to do the same thing, so your saying you lossened the top and bottom bolt. Did you slide the distributor back or forward?

·
Bitter Old Man
2,625 Posts
If you didn't first put the ECU into timing mode, you've done nothing. Plenty of verbiage here on timing availalbe via the search button.

G

·
I have a timing lights, just wish I knew how the hell to use it. Yes I am a mechanic but if you can find a diesel engine that needs to be timed let me know.

G

·
I'll be the first to tell you I don't know everything about the SE-R yet, so please tell me where the ECU is located and how to put into timing mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts