SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
RUST?!? It's Character!
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i’m movin the AD22s off the ‘old’ SE-R on to the new. Rotors a little chewed up, but they’re so big that maybe i can get away w/ getting em turned. Eh, price out new ones for shits and giggles. $60+ per from Autozone, PepiBoiz, etc :rolleyes:.
I call Napa, $23 a piece. My jaw drops, i have them double check. Yup less than $50 w/ tax, out the door.
Maybe i should stock up.

93 SE-R---94 530iT&A---92 325i........”Hang up & Drive!”
”It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error;
It is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error."-- Robert H. Jackson

·
B15 Smack Junky
1,080 Posts
Witt19 said:
i'm betting napas are just as good as pepboys/autozone. THey probably just have them overstocked or something. It's not like pepboys/autozone is a high qaulity performance shop ether
Wont argue with you there. and i am also not saying that buying OEM nissan for 70-80 bucks is a great idea either. you just can usually get more life out of items that are built well ..such as Brembo/Bendix

·
Banned
543 Posts
I Have Seen Cheapos Run On Circle Track Cars And Hold Up Just As Good As The Others.and This Is On A 3150 Lb Car On A 1/4 Mile Oval!!!

·
RUST?!? It's Character!
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Make sure they are actually ADV22. Often times they are listed incorrectly. Ask for 91 NX2000 made in Japan with ABS brakes to make sure you get the right ones.

·
RUST?!? It's Character!
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
-John-
690 Posts
I have a ?...will the ADV22's from the NX be a direct bolt up for the classic? I know many do the swap and I haven't searched on it but I am just curious if those rotors larger rotors will work with stock calipers? I am just curious, I am in need of a brake job here soon.

Thanks
John

·
RUST?!? It's Character!
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
RUST?!? It's Character!
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not gunna bother countin, but

Creagach said:
count the cooling fins, thats usually where the difference is
Welp, they are the right rotors. Look good, well machined. Just as many cooling fins as the ones i pulled off the car. These are by ‘United’(?), i think those previous were Brembos.
Look pretty much like the bottom one.

That’s from the install on the 92.
I might take some more pics this time too.

93 SE-R---94 530iT&A---92 325i…….”Hang up & Drive!”

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Looks like I'll be calling NAPA tomorrow :)

·
4th sr20 and counting..
2,949 Posts
anyone know the powerslot numbers for the ad22 swap? i would like to keep my slotted rotors when i swap over.

·
Registered
655 Posts
^^ Ditto on the part #s for the Powerslot rotors and Napa ones, looks like i could be doing the swap under 2 bills!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts