SR20 Forum banner

Such a deal on rotors.

1K views 34 replies 21 participants last post by  maxpower 
#1 ·
So i’m movin the AD22s off the ‘old’ SE-R on to the new. Rotors a little chewed up, but they’re so big that maybe i can get away w/ getting em turned. Eh, price out new ones for shits and giggles. $60+ per from Autozone, PepiBoiz, etc :rolleyes:.
I call Napa, $23 a piece. My jaw drops, i have them double check. Yup less than $50 w/ tax, out the door.
Maybe i should stock up.

93 SE-R---94 530iT&A---92 325i........”Hang up & Drive!”
”It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error;
It is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error."-- Robert H. Jackson

See less See more
#4 ·
Witt19 said:
i'm betting napas are just as good as pepboys/autozone. THey probably just have them overstocked or something. It's not like pepboys/autozone is a high qaulity performance shop ether
Wont argue with you there. and i am also not saying that buying OEM nissan for 70-80 bucks is a great idea either. you just can usually get more life out of items that are built well ..such as Brembo/Bendix

#7 ·
I Have Seen Cheapos Run On Circle Track Cars And Hold Up Just As Good As The Others.and This Is On A 3150 Lb Car On A 1/4 Mile Oval!!!

#8 ·
#10 ·
#11 ·
I have a ?...will the ADV22's from the NX be a direct bolt up for the classic? I know many do the swap and I haven't searched on it but I am just curious if those rotors larger rotors will work with stock calipers? I am just curious, I am in need of a brake job here soon.

Thanks
John

#12 ·
#13 ·
Not gunna bother countin, but

Creagach said:
count the cooling fins, thats usually where the difference is
Welp, they are the right rotors. Look good, well machined. Just as many cooling fins as the ones i pulled off the car. These are by ‘United’(?), i think those previous were Brembos.
Look pretty much like the bottom one.

That’s from the install on the 92.
I might take some more pics this time too.

93 SE-R---94 530iT&A---92 325i…….”Hang up & Drive!”

#20 ·
^^ Ditto on the part #s for the Powerslot rotors and Napa ones, looks like i could be doing the swap under 2 bills!

#21 ·
The napa one's are chinese made rotors, which is why they're cheap. I don't think quality was compromised with these units. I've been a satisfied customer.

#22 ·
#25 ·
yeah...guys out here in the valley is a small auto parts store call auto parts express and they get ad22 for $25 and they get them crossed drilled for 25 each rotor. my rotors are on there way now. should be in tomorrow. Im super happy. and i think its a great deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.