SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
jo mom
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My sunroof has always rattled a bit and lifts when i close the door. Driving home last night the rattle got real bad. With it closed i can push up on the back and tilt it up about a 1/4inch. No hardware seems broken, it all seems worn down accounting for slack in 2 main pieces on each side. Can anyone provide insight??

Thanks,

·
jo mom
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why did i bother to post this? It has nothing to do with a cool mod and few of us are blessed with sunroofs anyway..... oh well.:(

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
You can take off the sunroof motor, and call that a mod!!:D
I have some after market THTA THE PREVIOUS OWNER INSTALLED. just a flip up, but i like it.

·
jo mom
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could gut all the factory crap out. Weld in some stiffening bars and get a carbon fiber lid.. Is that cool enough??

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
When I gutted my 85 CRX, I took off the motor and just used brackets to hold the lid on. :D I just prayed that I didnt flip over.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Andy, Are you sure it works fully? it sounds like the little "tilt" arms arn't doing their job. It they jump the track maybe? Mine always jumps a little when I close the door but your a year ahead of me so mine hasn't had a problem yet.

Reminds me to lithum lube it up b4 winter. :eek:

·
jo mom
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Erik whats up?

It tilts up just fine. Actually when tilted up its all nice and tight.. When tilted down, thats where the slack/movement comes. Someone outside the car could actually pry up the back of glass quite easily with their fingers. It jumps and i get bursts of cold air driving down the road.

My car only has 2 rattles and this is the biggie.. other being the back deck...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts