SR20 Forum banner

sunroof

400 views 3 replies 0 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
On my 2001, the sunroof goes 3/4 of the way back and stops. I must hit the switch again to make it go all the way back. The dealer said it must have been designed this way because all his 2001 Sentras do this. Is this true or is he lying/incompetent?

G
#2 ·
I'd have to say lying/incompetent. Mine goes all the way back, but I do have to hold the damn button down the whole time.

------------------
Wheel gap is the enemy. "Silver" 2001 SE w/perf.pkg, PR CAI, Intrax.

G
#3 ·
audio1der, I'd have to disagree. Mine does the same thing. Its a bit more the 3/4 though. but it stops like an inch and a half or 2 from all the way open. I hit the switch again and it all the way back. My only explaination is that all the way open you might get air forced in over the sunroof cover, or along the headliner, and it might pull at the fabric over time. So if they leave that extra 2 inches there its enough to keep the wind currents from hitting at the fabric so hard. This is just an off-the-wall assumption that I made, be it right or wrong. It made sense to me, and no one else seems to know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.