SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering but does any company make a supercharger kit for the SR20? Anybody would like to go turbo, but if somebody does make a supercharger and is less by say $1.5k I might consider it.

------------------
96 200SX SE-R
Sportline Springs, PR CAI, HKS Exhaust

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
nope. well, unless you want that little electrical one that doesn't work.

turbo wise, i'd say to custom make your own. fmax and hotshot kits are like 4 grand and up, but come with everything but the kitchen sink i think. dunno, lotsa people here have turbos. just go to the turbo section and ask away.

------------------
no pretty logo anymore. tripod deleted my account.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Vary rare. There is a site with one though.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES Bushings, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Theres a few Supercharged SR20's in Australia, most of them utilise a supercharger off a 6 cylinder toyota motor (1GGZE). Ive investigated this myself and it is a very viable option however in most cases it means removal of the air con compressor.

I happen to know the guy that owns that Supercharged Silvia on the link you posted and despite pushing out some serious hp its proven to be slightly unreliable, more a sign of bad luck rather than any real issues with the notion of supercharging an SR. He's recenlty modified it more with Motec management, JUN cams, JUN flywheel and full cage. Its now setup more for circuit racing and is competing in categories with full race cars. Even with the full cage, exhaust and most of the interior in he ran 12.6.

Check out:

http://www.datascribe.com.au/ozdatonline/featurecars/blownwagon/sc200b.html

This is a supercharged SR in a 200B, this uses the method i described above.

------------------
92 Pulsar SSS

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was doing all kinds of supercharger research fo my 2K Sentra myself. I think I found a physical way to get an SC into our cars, but I'm not sure If I found a way around the fuel and ignition concerns. I find it very interesting he was able to run 8 psi with just an intercooler. My questions are what octane rating is Aussie gas, and does that SC have a clutch that can be turned off and on like A/C. It looks like it does.
Rotrex has an SC about the size of an alternator and it CAN be turned on and off just like your A/C. It's a centrifugal SC which has some drawbacks when compared to an Auturotor SC. I don't know what kind of SC the Toyota had, but I'm guessing it was a roots based type. It's been a while since I researched a SC setup for a Sentra you can e-mail me at [email protected]'ll see if I can locate my info. It was on another computer that isn't well. My info is mostly SC types, sources, and some tech info. A really good source for SC info is a book called Street Supercharging. It's from S-A Design and written by Pat Ganahl. I got mine thru amazon.com. Good luck.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Wow, the Pulsar SSS is a neat lookin car. A 4 door NX2000.
The doors must be like 6 inches long

Hmm... maybe it's more like a G20 hatch? Is it a P10 or B13?

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

G

·
0 Posts
My particular Pulsar is an N14 1992 model, they were made from late 91 to 1995 in 2 series (one Jap built, one Australian built). So im not sure what car or series that corresponds with over in the US.

The NX2000 or NX Coupe as it was called in Oz is a different car and was a bit of a lemon sales wise, not a whole heap of them on the road.

The N14 SSS has become fairly hard to come by now since most of the owners dont wanna get rid of them, especially the much better built Jap models. Then Nissan released the N15 which in my opinion looks like a wagon more than a hatch (sort of a 4 door almera gti).

Dont get me started on the N16... the SSS has been scrapped apparently.... no more SR20 cars in Oz

Ben

------------------
92 Pulsar SSS

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hell yeah!!!! I want one too. Can I get one with fries and a shake BTW?

------------------
Peter
..on AIM = NyceP26
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU (with correct timing now @ 15TDC),91 INTAKE CAM,
KYB AGX,EIBACH SPORTLINE,
FSTB, F/R X-DRILLED ROTORS,

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well I get tired of always hearing the same thing "who makes a supercharger". Well I guess its something to live with. I think it stems from the fact most people think that a supercharger is an easier bolt on than a turbo. Hell if your super has a aftercooler its just as complicated most the time. Just is it the intake or the exhaust you are taking off in the case of a roots style. As for a centerfugal one, most the time it comes down to space. Then the numbers I dont think justify the cost. Like the JRSC for the Si give it like what 60hp??? and it costs 4000$$$$$. Thats nuts. Hell you can piece together a turbo for 1500 and get 100 maybe. **** look at Ben's car he spent total maybe 2000 dollars and he picked up almost 100 horses... ~80 I think. As for super's making more torque...look at ben's dyno graph. He gained torque EVERYWHERE on the curve. If you get a properly sized turbo and housing with a quick spool which isnt a big problem anymore you gain it everywhere. There is NO parasitic losses from the belt. Hell centrafugals still suffer from boost searging at high rpm's. So just looking at cost analysis and then benifits why even think about supers. The honda boys do it cause they think its easier...and well they dont have to do anything to their ECU's. Piggy back the baby since its a MAP and not as aggressive Learning as ours and its an easy bolt on that requires little to no electrial work. Turbo requries new ECU plug and play, and instant gratification. Hell want more turn up the boost if you got the rest of the equation. Oh well.... the debate goes on

1 - 11 of 11 Posts