SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend of mine owns Jannetty Racing Enterprises www.jannettyracing.com and one of his mechanics has been telling me allllll about his "Supercharged Stang" and how sick it is, can't hook for **** etc etc. It's all good, I respect cars for whatever they are Ford,Chevy,Honda whatever so I just listened and said "yea I'd like to see the car sometime.

Frank always busts my balls about the Nissan everytime I'm there with things like "hey why don't you put a real motor in that thing" or "Turbo's are for babies" etc etc

Well I was over there yesterday (Jannetty is a client of mine) and he says "hey did you look out back? The Stang is here" Okay cool. Well around lunch time I head out to the local deli and who comes walking in? Hehehe Hey Frank, got the Stang? "Ayup."

We leave the deli get on the long straight road back to the shop. Frank is in front of me so I sneak the boost up to about 13psi (I'm on pee water pump gas) Frank stands on it in first spinning so I follow suite and we both roast the tires second gear comes with some traction for both of us and I start reeling him in smack third gear I go from about 4 cars back to his bumper, pull on the side of him and let off.

We get back and I don't say a word. While we are all eating Frank starts making general conversation statements about "how bad the Stang was running" and what's wrong with it etc etc...so I say "hey Frank, you just told me the thing was running minty this morning. What's up?" At this point the "crew" kinda figured out Frank got his ass handed to him and man did the excuses flow as everyone laughed at him. LOL Mustang guys sure take it hard when they get beat by a 4cyl.

Chalk one up for the underdog. :)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Woohoo! Who needs eight cylinders when you have forced induction? :) I used to think that F-bodies were the best bang for the buck. Nope, looks like SR20's with turbos are. :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, thats bad a$$. I love it when someone just talks all kinds of trash and gets shown up. you pulled 4 cars on him in 1 gear? damn :) I'd bet he was just pissed. nothing but. you probably had a grin ear to ear all day long. gotta love it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Let me know if you smack any 3000GT VR-4's, Jay. I know a fellow who "needs" to hear that - he's overly proud of his baby, and not afraid to let everyone know it.

Wish I could have been there....{8?)

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
LOL my friend is coming into some extra money at the end of the summer hes looking at buying a new car. Wanted an 87 Stang and supercharge it. :) I get to tell him what for I guess. Well maybe this will convince him that that NX he found is worht it. Instead of that ugly 87 LX 5.0 or that Buick Turbo he found.

·
Scary monkey windmill
257 Posts
Ha ha, that's great, Jay! And at only 13 psi... geez, you must be making around 300-320 WHP or so at 13 psi? Oh, if only you had been on C16. :)

Do you know how much HP he was making with the Stang? I'm just curious. Man, I can't wait till my turbo setup is done, I've been planning on how I'm going to get my next door neighbor to race me... he has a 99 NSX-T with a license plate that reads "YDRV65".

Good story, I love reading about situations like that where you know the other driver and it was semi-planned, etc. Good clean kill. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts