SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
S13 engine broke a few months back, had an S14 SR20DE swapped in, and its running a little rough. When driving at a constant speed, it surges and doesnt run right. Ive changed the fuel filter, spark plugs and i have run a fuel system cleaner through it, so I dont think its anything mechanical. I have searched for info on adjusting the TPS, but I cant find anything concrete. How do I go about checking and adjusting the TPS on the S14 SR20DE.
Cheers
Zac

·
Soon to be a sick ride...
21 Posts
Do you have AC in the car? is it on? sometimes when it's on and there is air in the line it'll cause the car to surge. Also check the MAF sensor. Clean it and make sure there isn't any leak past the MAF going into the throttle body. My car has a tight fit with the intake and will sometimes disconnect and the car will sputter and shut off. Check all your belts, a loose belt will do that too. Does it feel like it's choking on you? like if you hit the brake while hitting the gas at 45mph.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
. Does it feel like it's choking on you? like if you hit the brake while hitting the gas at 45mph.
Thats exactly what it feels like.
In regards to A/C, i have removed that, so that wont be the issue. The intake definately doesnt have any leaks, as its just a silicone joiner attached to the throttlebody and MAF. The power steering belt tends to squeal a little, but only at full lock.
What about the oxy sensor? I am still using the S13 one, my local parts company assures me that the S13 and S14 oxy sensors are the same, is this the case?

·
Registered
37 Posts
pretty sure im having same issue. Think its fuel problem bc it got better for a few days when i messed around w/ my SAFC but it was fouling plugs for a little while. I haven't messed w/ it anymore and am waiting until i can get wideband bc im sick of buy plugs and its just frustrating when i cant tell if it needs more or less fuel from cockpit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts