SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I lika da turns
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My right front suspension mount "pops" and I don't know why. It seems to happen a lot when I shift and also whenever the wheel gets hit from the front and wants to move back. I'm wondering if maybe the wheel is somehow moving back and forth? The three nuts on top are tight. The nut in the middle is also tight which is weird because the one on the other side isn't. Any ideas? I have Hyperco Gen 1's and GR2's.

·
mhmmm
1,263 Posts
mine pops too.. i went to do an alignment and he said my caster is 2 degrees off.. so my right front strut it pushed forward from the top 2 degrees instead of being laid back and so it makes me pull right and also pop i guess
i have to go to a frame alignment place and get it fixed

·
I lika da turns
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frame alignment? That does not sound good. I'll have to dig up my last alignment record and see what my caster was at.

Another thing I thought of is that when I'm outside of the car and hear it happens it sounds like metal on metal. Thanks.

·
mhmmm
1,263 Posts
yeah... after turns mine goes POP and just random pops... scary... but i have to get the frame straightened... i even got new shocks thinking that was it but it wasnt..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts