SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought KYB AGX, Ground Control Coilovers with 350/250 front, rear springs and motivational rear strut mounts for my '97.

Anyone have any practicular things I should pay attention to when doing the install ?

------------------
Teal SE-R,JWT S4's ECU, HS G3,SMC S/S, PR CAI, Custom 2.25 exhaust, girlfriend.

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
You need to grind the plate on both front agx's so the gc collars will fit over them (use water to cool while grinding, frequently!). Duct tape all 4 struts instead of using the o-rings gc supplied. put duct tape around the strut where the collar will be. Put enough duct tape so you have to use wood and hammer to get the collar over the duct tape so the collar is nice and tight. Put siliqone sealant on top and bottom of collar after you place the collar on the strut. Don't lower car more than 1 inch in the back if you care about performance and not bottoming out much. Use moly grease where metal contacts metal. Might want to invest in some koni bump stops.

-saaby

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I bought the koni bumpstops to install when I installed my AGX (with stock springs) before the convention. The bumpstops didn't get here in time, and I don't feel like taking the suspension apart again until I do it right with coilovers, which won't be for a while.

I paid $73 shipped. Anybody want them?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never done any suspension work, how long for a monkey like me does it take to complete the installation ? I will have the FSM with me and a friend to help.

------------------
Teal SE-R,JWT S4's ECU, HS G3,SMC S/S, PR CAI, Custom 2.25 exhaust, girlfriend.

·
Registered
420 Posts
If you're a monkey like me with a lot of distractions it could take awhile. I've worked on 2 spring change outs and it's not hard, pretty straight forward. Everytime I've worked on springs or struts I always lose one nut on the top of the strut tower. Did it on mine and on my friends. Before you start get some Spray Lubricant and soak the lower strut bolts (the ones behind the rotor). It's much easier if they have soaked for 5-10 minutes.

------------------
'95 200 SX SE-R
PR CAI; ACT Disc & PP; ES MM; Pro-Kits; 17* timing; now raising funds for AGX's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jacen!! I might be interested in the bumpstops if you still have them. Are they the same for the B13? I would think so. Email me

[email protected]

Thanks

Colleen

------------------
"Sparkly" '92 Classic
UCSB Sports Car Club

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
An impact wrench for the lower strut bolts helps a lot. I soaked them too with some liq wr but they still didn wanna come off too easy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts