SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running this have any objections for others to install them? They look very well made!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I have ST swaybars and I like 'em. They go a long way towards eliminating body roll, and the car turns on a dime.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great! Thats all I needed, guess I will be ordering them today! :D

·
Registered
424 Posts
Make sure the endlinks are in the right place. I had mine put in by a a mechanic and he REALLY f-ed the whole thing up. My endlinks looked like this: ~

I bought new endlinks from S/T to replace them and they didn't fit. So just make sure its installed correctly. My car handles f-ing awesome on right handers and like ass on left handers.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds more appetizing by the minute.

Hey Yes-Ser, why not just go ahead and box them up since they are sitting in your garage and I will send you money and you send them to me?!?! ;)

J/K! :D

Anyone know if there is a dealer cheaper than what Nopi has them for?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
they rock, I like em' alot, fit is perfect on em' and one of the best mods I have done to my car.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is that a sales pitch Brian? ;) Just kidding, you guys can get them cant you?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Bwilsor said:
My car handles f-ing awesome on right handers and like ass on left handers.
That sounds like the bars aren't pre-loaded correctly. Did you tighten them down with the suspension unloaded? What you want to do is finish tightening them when the car is down and the driver is in the car. Then the bars won't bind up.

·
Registered
424 Posts
i have no idea what the mechanic did. He was very short and vague, never gave me a striaght answer on what he did.
I replaced the endlinks myself. I did jack it up on each side so I could replace them but I never tightened the bolts till the car was on the ground. Now the top bolt of one side points toward the turn signal and the other side points toward the door.

I just went out and bought a factory front sway bar to replace it. I'm tired of dealing with it and hearing it crunch over every little bump.

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
I had no problem installing mine. All you need is a drill, you'll probably have to go buy a really strange sized drill bit (13/16ths?) and you'll need a friend to help line everything up. The hardest part is fanagling the front bar over the exhaust. I really like mine though, tightened up steering response a lot by killing that slow reacting body roll. They help your higher speed balance some, but not as much as I hoped at low speed.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
You do have to drill holes in the back right?

Not on Classics. :D

As for how they work. I stayed away from ordering the front bar, so I have only the rear bar on my '93. It made a WORLD of difference autocrossing. It dialed-out mucho understeer, and just planted the rear of the car better. I had heard that Classics don't like the front ST bars, as it brings in some of the understeer you dial out with the back bar.

A great mod for those who like to turn...

Here's my bit of advice to you, John: At least on a Classic install, you need a second jack to raise/lower the rear hub assembly to line the endlinks up at the end of the install. It may be different on 200s, but just be warned.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yup, you have to drill 4 holes total for the rear ST sway bar. IIRC, your basically re-drilling out 2 previous holes and hammering off the nuts welded on. Mount the bar temporarily to mark the other 2 holes, drill holes, bolt those in, and re-tighten the first two holes...you're done.

BTW-it helps to use metal cutting bits.

I only installed a rear bar and it also made a world of difference. Turn in was alot sharper. I wasn't use to the bar at first, I almost cut into oncoming traffic when I was testing it out. :D
Yes-Ser said:
You do have to drill holes in the back right?

·
Registered
71 Posts
i saw in the stillen catalog that they have a rear sway bar that uses clamps. Anyone know if this is any good?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's my bit of advice to you, John: At least on a Classic install, you need a second jack to raise/lower the rear hub assembly to line the endlinks up at the end of the install. It may be different on 200s, but just be warned.
Thanks Greg, I think I just may get the rear for now, as I am going to have to shell out for the ACT clutch setup, then of course the Turbo! Looks like Christmas will be spent at the local Holiday Inn this year! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
mapball said:
i saw in the stillen catalog that they have a rear sway bar that uses clamps. Anyone know if this is any good?

That rear bar is for a Maxima. I've seen one on a 200SX. Its a big rear sway bar. If only it didn't say Stillen :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts