SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While reading through the massive amounts of info at ser.net, I started wondering if anyone tried the suspension set up the one article "building the ultimate SER" created. They used Eibach sportlines up front and prolines (prokits?) on the rear. They put in GAB adjustable shocks front and rear (I think). I'm thinking of going this route, but I would like to hear from those who tried it first. What kind of price range would I be looking at?

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
I would say save up your money and get the motivational setup. That sportline/prokit setup will bottom out. If you want to go low and handle well, you have to get shortened struts. If you just want to handle well and don't care so much about lowering the car, I'd get the ground control coil overs with new shocks.

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I started wondering if anyone tried the suspension set up the one article "building the ultimate SER" created. They used Eibach sportlines up front and prolines (prokits?) on the rear. They put in GAB adjustable shocks front and rear (I think). </font>
If that is what it says it is a very old article.
Go to the bottom right of this page. Hop to Important ****. Look through the suspension post.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spudnex:
While reading through the massive amounts of info at ser.net, I started wondering if anyone tried the suspension set up the one article "building the ultimate SER" created. They used Eibach sportlines up front and prolines (prokits?) on the rear. They put in GAB adjustable shocks front and rear (I think). I'm thinking of going this route, but I would like to hear from those who tried it first. What kind of price range would I be looking at? </font>
FYI. the KYB AGX struts are the same as the gabs minus the hefty price tag. Normal drop springs are not recammended for B14 platform cars. They all drop the car to much. Ground Control coilovers are better riding and adjustable.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info so far, please keep it coming.

The info I found on the "important ****" archive seemed to be geared more towards the autocross/super high performance end. I mainly want to eliminate some of the wheel gap at the front of the car, and gain some performance. I don't want to lose any performance in the process of looking better though.

What kind of results would a shortened strut body, KYB AGX struts, and eibach springs yeild? Would that solve the bottoming out issue?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts