SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not a B14 guy so im gunna ask this ??? My girl has a 95 SE-R and i wanna know what i should get for suspension. I'm just talking struts and springs, not swaybars or bushing. thanks...also with the set-up how doesn it ride

Tom

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you wanna go cheap go with H&R and Kyb GR2's. H&R is probably the best conventional spring, unless you wanted hyperco's ( they just don't look as good ). I have H&R's with AGX's and I love them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you can spare 600 go to the group buys section... d2 Coilovers (full suspension) you can get pillow ball mounts too just ask in the thread.

·
Registered
296 Posts
SRide said:
If you wanna go cheap go with H&R and Kyb GR2's. H&R is probably the best conventional spring, unless you wanted hyperco's ( they just don't look as good ). I have H&R's with AGX's and I love them.

this is a very good combo, i have eibach lowering springs and kyb agx... i love them it looks good and the ride is nice, if i remember correctly it's a little more than the combo above

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
I have Pro-Kits and GR2's - stay away from this combo!

·
Registered
40 Posts
h&r springs question

a while back i put in new struts, not kybs or agxs just regular struts, still in real good condition, would i have any problems if i just got the h&rs without out gettin adjustable struts, and would i need a camber alignment with that drop?????

·
Registered
156 Posts
Every one will have their own opinion of fine. When I lowerd my car with stock struts everyone complained about the bouncyness of my car. In all seriousness, I wouldn't lower my car again without getting better shocks to compensate. Let others chime in as well, just my .02
GT

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you can afford it, Tein all the way.

Spring/shock combo, I like my H&Rs and KYB AGXs.

btw, GR2s are pretty much like the OEM shocks. Ride around w/ them on lowered springs and the ride will suck and you will blow them shortly.

·
Registered
214 Posts
is the tein ss a coilover, shock combo or just coilovers?

·
Registered
214 Posts
^^^ shhh... im mildly retarded ;-)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just installed Tein Basics. Ride is same as GC/AGX's. But front struts are an inch shorter for that extra suspension travel.

Tein Basics are Strut and Spring combo w/ adjustable ride height, but no adjustable damper.

Pricing is about the same, $800 range.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts