SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to lower my 97 SE-R and I need to know what I need for tools to do the job right in a driveway. I'll be putting on KYB AGX struts, tein springs and suspension technics sway bars. Also if anyone knows of a link that lays out the instructions that would be great thanks.
Brian

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Get a Chilton's reapair manual it'll show you how to remove your struts.

Also, if you don't already have them, get a impact wrench and a spring compressor.

·
Bitter Old Man
2,623 Posts
Check my web site, I think I spelled out the tools in the Valley Spring install. If not, you'll certainly find it in the Old SE-R Mailing List archives.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
It's easy to swap out suspension stuff.

Breaker Bar
Torque Wrench
Ratchet Set (don't remember the specific mm you'll need so just have them all there)
Wrench Set (same thing as wratchet set)
Spring Compressor.

Just read a Haynes or Chilton manual and you'll be able to do it. You might want to have someone else around just to make reinstalling the struts easier.
If you have an impact gun that would be very helpful too.

You might want to pick up some new sway bar bushings. Just a thought.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Make sure that you have some vise grips and a shop towel. To get the bolt out, wrap shop towel around shaft. Then tighten vise grips on shaft, use impact wrench remove nut. Please make sure that you have a spring compressor on.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
qinsac said:
Make sure that you have some vise grips and a shop towel. To get the bolt out, wrap shop towel around shaft. Then tighten vise grips on shaft, use impact wrench remove nut. Please make sure that you have a spring compressor on.
Impact Wrench!
You won't be sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts