SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1.6 3/25/06 VE 7/11/06
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be starting my sr20ve swap sooner or later and need it know some more infomation. i was looking it see if i can save some money this way. Will the ga16de bolts work with the sr20ve setup. futher detail i mean as in the flywheel/ 8 crank bolts. flywheel/clutch screws. tranny to engine bolts. the ga16 was a 5 speed.

·
Registered
162 Posts
What bolts are you refering to? Most bolts could be used on the new engine, 12 and 14 mm are pretty common. Remember that while your in the middle of your swap, you have access to both engines and can swap bolts if needed. Now that i think of it, bolts should be the last of your concerns.

·
1.6 3/25/06 VE 7/11/06
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quattro7703 said:
What bolts are you refering to? Most bolts could be used on the new engine, 12 and 14 mm are pretty common. Remember that while your in the middle of your swap, you have access to both engines and can swap bolts if needed. Now that i think of it, bolts should be the last of your concerns.
bj200sx said:
futher detail i mean as in the flywheel/ 8 crank bolts. flywheel/clutch screws. tranny to engine bolts. the ga16 was a 5 speed.
the bolts are my last concern, because that is the last thing i have to worry about, i have everything else needed. i just want to get this swap done as fast as i can because i need this car to get around in.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If i were you, i would find out where the closest bus stop is. You might need it. Plan on taking your time with a job like this. Find a garage, put the car on jacks and do it right. To be honest, if this car is your only source if transportation, i would wait until you have figured out a way to get around town. Plan on 1-2 months depending on the amount of time you have to work on the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts