SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K ive done alot eof searching on engines for a 240sx. but now i am stuck between the sr2odet or the rb25det. the both have the pros and cons. With the sr20 i would like to do a v mount intercoler and do some work to get 320hp but at the same price to get 320 i could get the 25det for the same price and have 280 stock and being capable of hiting 600 if not more. so i need more imput. and of coures ill do all the work my self (well my bro too). Im not a newb ive done my research and i am now getting serious. Im ready to buy the car and i have maped out what parts and how.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I dunno but i think getting parts for the RB is gonna be a bitch. Isnt it a really tight fit on the S13 chassis, anyways? I would go RB on a S14 but for a S13 i would just stick for the SR20DET. why would you need 600+ HP on a daily driver...unless your gonna be building a Drag beast or something. I would really like to hear an RB engine though. I hear they sound sweeaaat!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yea i can see it stock. but most of the people who are like use and have those cars wont leave them stock. Also what i said, for the price of 400hp in a sr20 i could get the rb25det. This is the most confusing part of my project car. i guess this will be last on my list till if figure out what i want/need or able to do. esp if i want to make it streetable. do any of you guys know anyone with a sr20 and could tell me something about the power and driveability of the car?

·
FWD PWNAGE IS HERE!
2,570 Posts
I don't nkow man the rb is such a rare engine itll be a bitch to get any parts for it. I think I would just stick with an sr20 and redo the pistons/rods and such if you really plan on whoopin ass. You haven't ridden in my ride yet have you... maybe you should check out my **** and then see what you want ;). I think mine is fairly fast and don't have a whole lot done to it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well looking at parts online and guides. its a straight foward swap. no need to cut anything just new mounts and driveshaft. and parts for the rb25 arnt hard to find. ill post some guides but right now i need to go to school. peace.

·
Registered
655 Posts
SR20 Inside said:
nice what are you going to be doing with them? that'll be tight so you can hook me up ;)
Thats what i'm saying hook a SR20 brotha UP! :D

WHat do you plan on doing with your ride? are you gonna be auto-xing, drag racing, or just want gobbs of HP. Last i checked RB25 Clips were like 2500 and good SR engine sets were like 1800, kinda diffrence there. Parts will defenetly cost you more on the RB but i think HP and TQ is gonne be easy to add up.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i was thinking mostly drag. but then i went to a autocross even on sunday and i was like wow that would be a overkill here. But i think i would like to get into drifting and mostly drag.

·
FWD PWNAGE IS HERE!
2,570 Posts
so do you know the guys at modern really well or are related to them to be able to go work with them? they seem like they really know their **** and you have to be a genius to get on as an employee,...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well my mom thinks im a genius. but no i got the internship through my school. and if i do well at modern then im hoping that they will hire me for the summer ya know. so im just taking it one step at a time.

·
Formerly 93veilside240sx
844 Posts
an RB swap would give you a better baseline to start with, but it weighs a bit more than an SR, which would probably be its biggest downfall...it'll take some suspension work to get your car handling properly with the extra weight in the front...more and more places are selling parts for the RB's now too, so its not like you'd be S.O.L. if ya broke something

·
Registered
232 Posts
No No NO as a previous 240sx owner you will find all your answers at
http://www.240sxforums.com/
Half the guys on the forum are mechanics. They have very very indepth info on swaps. Alot more than this site. I promise you will thank me. Check it out.

·
FWD PWNAGE IS HERE!
2,570 Posts
well I figured it out... I had a ****ed up fuel pump.... **** got in my tank some how and it messed up the little filter clogging the **** out of it and making the fuel flow shitty. I called christain today and talked to him... great help. He said I should just try to get a new sock but I called everywhere and no one sells jsut the sock so I had to get a whole ****ing new fuel pumpfrom my buddyluckily he had one available. But yea if they suggest the sr20 I would trust them. Maybe try and get a det and put in new pistons/rods/cams etc... while you work there. I bet you could get the hookups plus they would show you how to do everything.

Have you found a 240 yet? I keep ****ing regretting getting this p10 and wishing I woulda gone with a 240 because this front wheel drive sucks a dick.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts