SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

The car started off with an Jap SR18DE N/A setup, then I had an Jap SR20DE put in and that went straight onto the original Jap Gearbox, I am now about to have a UK Gearbox put in as the damn 5th gear problem bites me in the ass...

My question is I have seen the two input shafts on the boxes and they appear to be different, in the fact that the spline length is longer on the UK Box. The overall length from the casing is the same, it's just the spline length runs further along the shaft on the UK box.

Will this cause me any problems...? Has anyone ever seen this difference before...?

Why can't manufacturers just share the same parts more often, would make our life a lot soddin' easier...!!!

Kim.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The one with the longer splines is for a LSD tranny and the other axle is for a non-LSD tranny. You can tell the difference in the tranny's by noticing that one has a bulge on the driver's side output gear(LSD) whereas the other one has no bulge (non LSD).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers CliffGump,

Bloody Hell... I always thought that I had a LSD with my original box...

Does this mean that it should fit to my engine with no trouble...?

I also have the Driveshaft and Hub assembly with the new gearbox as the length of the driveshaft and splines are different on them also... Makes sense now you have said that though...!!!

Cheers,

Kim.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right...

Just got the car back with new box, driveshaft and hub etc...

At the same time I've had a JWT Flywheel, an Organic/Metallic Clutch also from JWT and the JWT Engine Mounts fitted... bank account now empty!!!

Driving for the first time, I have found that I am getting a lot of judder when I am setting off from a standstill... now this may be the characteristics of what I have fitted, but I wasn't expecting as much judder as what i'm getting!!!

Can anyone tell me if this is normal or has something gone wrong...?

Thanks in advance,

Kim.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts