SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm in a very big dilemman right now. I have a 200sx with a ga16de auto. and I want to know if it worths 3000 (Can $$) to swap a sr20de or if it's better to keep the ga16de and just swap the tranny .... I'd like to have your opinions on that.
Txk, Yann

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
i dont understand why most GA16de people dont just swap in an SR20DET? if your gonna throw in an SR20 it might as well be a boosted one. I see this all the time, and I always wondered about it. am I wrong for thinking this way?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
spdracerUT said:
i guess you should ask yourself, what are you going to use your car for and how much power do you want?
I want just a little more power with the possibility to upgrade parts in the future, that's why I'm looking for the de swap.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NateSR20 said:
i dont understand why most GA16de people dont just swap in an SR20DET? if your gonna throw in an SR20 it might as well be a boosted one. I see this all the time, and I always wondered about it. am I wrong for thinking this way?
Of course I thought about it, but it more expensive ! With the piping for the intercooler, the gauges, a bigger clutch kit because the hp is higher .... little details make it expensive ...

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
NiS[sX]mO said:
I want just a little more power with the possibility to upgrade parts in the future, that's why I'm looking for the de swap.
Define "a little more power". ;)
If you just want a little more get up and go, then a CAI, header and catback should do fine. The question "is not is it worth it", it's do you have the $$$ to spend on it. If so, then go for it. If not, just make the best with what you have now. :D

·
MYSPACE.COM/STREETARMOUR
684 Posts
You have numerous possibilities for your car than those being stated here.
You can boost now. Hotshot makes a turbo kit for your car. You can check it out at hotshotperformance.com
If you want to stay all motor you can do a Neo VVL SR20VE or an SR16VE and get a lot of bang for your buck. But I have to tell you if you spend anywhere near $2000.00 USD forget the DE! Might as well go for the gusto. Boost with a bolt on kit or NEO it. If you are going to do something might as well go balls out. Once you get the DE and you drive a boosted DET or a VE you'll kick yourself for not doing it.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2nd Runner said:
You have numerous possibilities for your car than those being stated here.
You can boost now. Hotshot makes a turbo kit for your car. You can check it out at hotshotperformance.com
If you want to stay all motor you can do a Neo VVL SR20VE or an SR16VE and get a lot of bang for your buck. But I have to tell you if you spend anywhere near $2000.00 USD forget the DE! Might as well go for the gusto. Boost with a bolt on kit or NEO it. If you are going to do something might as well go balls out. Once you get the DE and you drive a boosted DET or a VE you'll kick yourself for not doing it.
Yeah I thought about the sr16ve/sr20ve .... but here in Canada they're soooo expensive. And if something breaks where do you get the parts ? It's 100% JDM so it's rare and expensive no ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts