SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it finally happened. The tranny decided it was about time to be pulled form my car for the first time since it was sent off for cryotreating and welding last March. Not too big of a deal, only the t/o bearing.... but none the less it's something that's going to be a pain to do by myself, especially with never doing it before. I've already ordered the new t/o bearing and am going to pick it up today along with some redline shockproof and the lithium grease for lubricating the t/o bearing. I've got the jack stands and hydrolic jack as well. So I should be pretty prepared item wise for getting this thing done. The car was towed into my drive way as of two days ago and is presently sitting there until it gets fixed. I've already talked to Joel and he's planning on helping me to tackle this on Wednesday. I've also gotten a maybe from Blair. Just looking ot see if anyone else is up for helping or has any suggestions as to anything I'm forgetting to pick up before we do this on Wednesday. Thanks.

David

·
B13/P11
1,810 Posts
i pulled my tranny for the first time yesterday. im glad i called joel cause i couldnt find that bolt through the hole in the mount. it wasnt that hard im sure if joel is there you shouldnt have any probs.

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
NEEDaSE-R said:
i pulled my tranny for the first time yesterday. im glad i called joel cause i couldnt find that bolt through the hole in the mount. it wasnt that hard im sure if joel is there you shouldnt have any probs.
The one in the mount in the back, by where the shifter stabilizer bolts on? That damn bolt OWNED me and a buddy yesterday. I curse that bolt!!!!

C

·
Back down to one SR20
2,055 Posts
chriscar said:
The one in the mount in the back, by where the shifter stabilizer bolts on? That damn bolt OWNED me and a buddy yesterday. I curse that bolt!!!!

C
Owned my dumb ass also. When you doing this David Wednesday? I might be able to come, Ive done three tranny swaps in my car in the lasat two weeks.

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
Joel got an air gun?! Oh boy, hes going to be really popular now. He has you to thank for advertizing that :D

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brad- The more help the better is the way I see it. I don't know how easy it's going to be cause my driveway is on a slant! It's currently backed into the driveway, so the front of the car is facing down and on a decline... don't know how that will affect things. But worse comes to worse I can just get the car towed around the corner to flat ground.

Blair- Haha, oops....

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Having trouble finding redline shockproof heavy tranny fluid locally. I can't get too far without a car. :mad: Anyone know of a place that should carry it? Joel mentioned a place in Joppa.... but its hard to find someone to take me there. Just tryin to get the last thing I needed for this. Thanks.

David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts