SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever had any problem with these leaking when raining? Just lately during a heavy downpour a drip appears at the top of the drivers side a-pillar. Water seems to get in where the t-top requires the window rubber to be broken. Unfortunately this places the drip right over the drivers lap which makes it a little hard to ignore( also a little embarassing when exiting the vehicle....).Could this rubber be replaced? Any thoughts/sympathy...

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Been trying to search the SE-R-list archives for ya but I'm just not having any luck finding how to fix it. You may want to try www.f-body.org or maybe www.thirdgen.org for Firebird/Camaro t-top leak solutions.

G

·
I have found that usually just rolling the window down and then back up reseals the window and it doesn't leak any more. Most of the time that works.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You might try spraying some silicone spray onto the rubber window seal and particularly the trough/drain. This will move the water more quickly and help it to drain properly.

Also - Look at the rubber seal and particularly the drain/trough and make sure that when the t-top is on that it is continuous and hasn't deformed or closed. Pay close attention to the join. If the drain is closed, it can't function properly. If it has closed you might replace it or try to open it in some way (cut away some of the rubber to open it again).

Good luck

G

·
I've had the same problem. I ended up replacing the whole rubber and even today it still drip on the driver side. I spent almost $400 replacing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts