Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering here, is the T03 a bigger turbo than either the T25 or T28? TIA

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Then why is it that I don't hear about anybody wanting to use this turbo for a setup in there SR20? :confused:

·
Registered
782 Posts
JRios said:
Then why is it that I don't hear about anybody wanting to use this turbo for a setup in there SR20? :confused:
Well,

The T25 uses the BB DET manifold, which can easily be found! These come off of the BB DET when people are upgrading.

The T28 uses the GTiR manifold which is readily available through Nissan Motorsports or when someone is upgrading!

The T3 would have to use a custom manifold or an FMAX manifold. Why bother gettig a T3 when you can get a new T3/T04E for the same price AND be able to produce more hp that a straight T3?

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The T3 would have to use a custom manifold or an FMAX manifold. Why bother gettig a T3 when you can get a new T3/T04E for the same price AND be able to produce more hp that a straight T3?

The reason I ask, is because i've never heard of anybody using this setup on here. But i have seen a few over here with this turbo. Unfortunately none of them that have been to the dyno or anything like that. Plus for some reason there pretty easy to find over here and at a good price. The manifold is not that expenisive to make over here either. I am going to go turbo, but i'm just looking at my options here :) . I'll be going with something small, as I cannot afford for something to big. Thanks for all the input fellas, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
The Hotshot turbo kit uses a T3 turbo. I personally only know of 3 people that have/had the Hotshot kit.

--Andrew Phan

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How well does the car run with the T03? Do you know of any dyno #'s?

·
Scary monkey windmill
257 Posts
On a stock SE-R with the Hotshot kit, which includes a JWT ECU and 370cc injectors, I know it can make around 250 HP at 10 psi. At 250 HP you're maxing out your MAF though.

It is true that the T3 needs a custom or Fmax manifold, so you would probably be better off with the T3/T04e turbo at that point.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Zak91SER said:
On a stock SE-R with the Hotshot kit, which includes a JWT ECU and 370cc injectors, I know it can make around 250 HP at 10 psi. At 250 HP you're maxing out your MAF though.

It is true that the T3 needs a custom or Fmax manifold, so you would probably be better off with the T3/T04e turbo at that point.

Very True! Thanks for all the input guys, I appreciate it.

·
fabricator
841 Posts
WhiteSER said:
So would a t3/t04e have clearance issues on hotshot's manifold, or does it fit?
No. The current HS manifold with a t3/t04e will not clear the block. The HS kit does make some good streetable power with the t3.

andris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts