SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my question, which set up would produce the quickest (hypothetical) 1/4 mile?

open boost on a T25? or 10psi on a T25? provided all runs were made by the same car and all variables are the same also.

this isnt really an arguement between me and my friend but a few months back I tried to convince him that open boost was bad for his engine/turbo, and if he turned the boost down a bit he might pull a better 1/4. he didnt believe me, so, oh well, what do you guys say???

G

·
Open boost is *bad*!

For many reasons. The only real way to get the answer is to have him try 10psi and see what he gets.

If he doesn't have enough injector to run more then 10psi, or air flow meter to read it then he's running extremely lean and kaboom.

He may get a faster 1/4 on open boost but the long term affects aren't worth the trouble.

G

·
open boost

THAT IS THE DUMBEST QUESTION I HAVE EVER HEARD.

On my t25 i was running 12psi and it could not take it for more than a day. The compressor started rubbing the housing, it sounded like turning a brake rotor. 10psi is the limit for that turbo on a daily basis, maybe 12psi if it is brand new.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: open boost

Chreed said:
THAT IS THE DUMBEST QUESTION I HAVE EVER HEARD.

On my t25 i was running 12psi and it could not take it for more than a day. The compressor started rubbing the housing, it sounded like turning a brake rotor. 10psi is the limit for that turbo on a daily basis, maybe 12psi if it is brand new.
Yeah it was a dumb question.....but try convincing my friend that running open boost is bad.

If you tell him its bad, he just says "yeah but my car doesnt pull as hard" "and besides, Im getting a T28 soon anyway"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts