SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a T25 outlet (intercooler pipe) fit onto a T28...I just need to know if my intercooler piping will need to be redone if I upgrade to a T28 with a git-r manifold, etc....

·
Guanaco Tuner
3,049 Posts
Yes it will, I assume you are referring to the bluebird J shaped intercooler pipe. A couple Norcal guys have that setup on their T28s.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool....I figure since I might have to remove the turbo stuff for smog next month I may as well upgrade to a T28 setup.

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Assuming your turbo will sit in the same position as mine. (Clocked slightly to clear oil drain) The outlet pipe will have to be modified. The pipe has to be cut in half and the upper half rotated to face out to prevent it from bumping the exhaust manifold. The outlet pipe is aluminum so you have to take it somewhere that tig welds. Most muffler shops only have mig welders. IIRC it cost me 40 bucks. You could always go with a 300zx TT outlet pipe that is short and allows you to route your IC piping anyway you want. Again IIRC they're pretty cheap too.

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
damn you Luis...you always get all the cool shiet..oh well...you'll want to upgrade and then you'll pass it down to me anyway :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts