SR20 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay all you RWD freaks. What the best time to date for a S13 with a T25? Has anyone dipped into the 12's yet with a killer hook?

Just curious as I may have to run the stock DET for a year before the piggy bank coughs up enough to put the big gun on.

I plan on going stand alone to avoid the ECU mess, and have infinite tunability, so it will be a stock DET with a big ass front mount, and a Haltech.

My gut says [email protected]

Any input?

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
I was looking up some 240/det swap info and read that some guys ran mid 13's at 106? Can't quite remember the mphs. Not real helpful I know but that's what I've found so far. I think those were s14's by the way, probably heavier than the s13s which you're working on right?

Khiem

·
Registered
230 Posts
haha, don't doubt Jay, he is DA MAN. us NW se-r guys are kinda gunnin for that 14.1 all motor(bolt ons+cams) run he did. BTW jay, was that on slicks or street tires?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd be highly suprised to see a T25 go into the 12's, like "he's bullsh*tting" surprised. You really need slicks and a well set up car to run 12's with a T28, it's just not happenning with a T25.

·
Registered
249 Posts
IMOA said:
I'd be highly suprised to see a T25 go into the 12's, like "he's bullsh*tting" surprised. You really need slicks and a well set up car to run 12's with a T28, it's just not happenning with a T25.
I agree. Maybe if he had everything else modified, ie. cams, cam sprockets, underdrive pulleys, injectors and rom tune he might be able to do it. :D

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SeattleSE R said:
haha, don't doubt Jay, he is DA MAN. us NW se-r guys are kinda gunnin for that 14.1 all motor(bolt ons+cams) run he did. BTW jay, was that on slicks or street tires?
It was on slicks, but a REAL shitty 60'. 2.0. Basically my drag radial 60'. Long story short, I was running nitrous and all motor that day so I had only so many runs to shake the car down. First time with slicks on a FWD car etc etc.

I ran 14.3 on DR without a CAI, and in 100* weather. Literally 100* humid weather.

I hope you guys do it! Really, I think you can. I didn't do anything special.

If I can get the T25 to make 250whp, the S13 will be in the 12's Trust. That's about 106-107mph at 2800lbs with driver. (Yea lightened up a little bit) I just wanted to see what others have done.

Thanks for the input.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
All I gotta say is SR20's are going to rule the pike next season. You better let me help you work on that beast. ;)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Greaser said:
1.67 60ft. time

AWD what? LOL :D I can't wait to tear up an AWD Talon, with just drag radials.

These guys don't seem to understand light RWD cars can cut 1.6-1.7's on drag radials...right in their range. :D

Thanks for the info, very helpful. Any idea what kind of power you were making at 15psi with that turbo? Then again, what was your race weight...I'll figure it out from there. :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Derrick, one more thing I forgot to ask.

What size Drag radials are you running? 245/45/17's? Or can you fit the monster 275/40's out back. Thanks again.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
97 Black SER said:
All I gotta say is SR20's are going to rule the pike next season. You better let me help you work on that beast. ;)
We'll see! My DET is probably going to be mostly stock next year. Maybe toss a T28 on if I can find a cheap one.

Then again maybe not...all depends on what the next two quarters look like in my business. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jay Hass said:

Thanks for the info, very helpful. Any idea what kind of power you were making at 15psi with that turbo? Then again, what was your race weight...I'll figure it out from there. :)
With the old setup with the GT2510 i made a dyno confirmed 267rwhp @13psi

When i ran those 12.40's i was using race gas with 15psi and no exhaust. I figure 290-300rwhp range.

Using 245/50/16 nitto drags. Quite big 26" diameter.

On the current turbo setup with HKS GT3037s i made [email protected] Havent tested to 15 on pump gas but 14psi on pump works all day long. This 320rwhp with full exhaust got me [email protected] with 1.860fts with said drag radials. Race weight of 2910lbs with me in it. 1996 240sx SE full interior/ac/stereo......dropped the spare though.

Now i've got some MT 26x8x15 slicks. I'll be getting my 1.6 60fts back and hoping for 11's with dropped exhaust.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Excellent info thanks.

I guessed at 2850lbs with driver (Thought you had an S13 :D) and came out at 289whp. So with the revised weight, I think you are dead on at 290-300whp.

[email protected] is no joke! That's a great number for said boost and the turbo you are running. Nice.

I assume you went to a custom manifold for the GT3037 though right?

For now I was considering going with the GT2530 or ideally the GT2835 if the flange is correct. I would like a max whp of 375-400 on race fuel. 325-350 on pump.

This is with a red top. (Well, polished top now but whatever. ;) )

I also plan on boning the car out pretty good weight wise. No AC, race buckets, remove bumper supports, sound material etc.

I would like to see 2600-2650 after I'm done. With 375whp the car should absolutely screw. At least I'll be able to use the power unlike my old SE-R that sat and spun for three gears at even 330whp.

I'm most likely going to run the 245/45/17 Nitto DR. It's 25" tall or just about right for the car. Then again the 275/40/17 is the same height if I can roll the lip and bang out the wheel well enough to fit them in. We'll see.

It's going to be a fun winter. ;)

P.S. Do you have a site about your car. I would like to see what you are using for engine management, injectors, MAF etc etc.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you're after that sort of power then go for the 2835, the 2530 won't get you there. The 2835's will bolt up and are becoming a pretty popular turbo down here (I'm swapping from my interim 2530 to a 2835 in the next couple of months).

·
Registered
16 Posts
The 2530 is a good turbo for street/drift because of the response. But if you get something that will spool up at 3000 or 3500 it'll die out or choke the motor, limiting potential hp.

The GT2835 will allow your hp goal but it will require cams i'm sure you know. With stock valvetrain at 15psi i made 320 through the exhaust. as a conservative number add 50hp to take the boost to 20psi. Add cams and i may have 420hp @20psi which is what some who recomended this turbo say. Turbo is good for more if i go with bigger than my .73 a/r.

I figure there are 20-50hp differences between each HKS turbo. then you can tune for more with a/r changes.

My GT2510 wouldnt let pump gas go above 12psi without some ping. The GT3037 is allow me full boost(15psi) on pump at a lean 12.5 a/f ratio.

And yes i had to do a manifold. I learned how to weld with some extra weld elbows and then made my own manifold with HKS external gate. Get the stock manifold extrude honed. for the GT2835 go with internal gate 56trim and .89 or bigger a/r to reach that 400goal. For sure you'll need cams. JWT C2's or some JUNS or HKS.

heres some pics of the latest just finished intake

1 - 18 of 18 Posts