SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at turbo options and was wondering where the power falls off on a t28(ie, revs)?

------------------
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
depends on the boost. I would not go above 10 lbs and expect it keep boost up above 6500 or so. it also depends on the turbo itself, ect, ect, ect. but than again, I know nothing

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
For the stock T28, it falls off at about 6k at stock boost but at say 11psi and up it just pulls straight to redline...very noticeable and my kumhos burn tire from 5k-8k in 2nd but wont with 9psi.

·
Registered
496 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by brian:
depends on the boost. I would not go above 10 lbs and expect it keep boost up above 6500 or so. it also depends on the turbo itself, ect, ect, ect. but than again, I know nothing</font>
Hey Brian can you get me oil and water lines for a T28..including the fittings for the block..i need boost soon??

George P.

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would the t28 be a good starter, or should i go with a t3/t4. I want a street killer not a 1/4 mi car.( ie quick spool and tons of power as long as i can keep it, hopefully to redline)

------------------
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Well i know for my car the turbo builds boost at 2200 and by 2800-3200 i have full boost depending on how i step on it...or say for street use, i can be rolling 2nd at 1k and redline in exactly 1 block or say 60+mph...but i also have a 3inch exhaust wit no cat...its fast enough so far that i can remember losing a race.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
George, ya, I can try, but it would probably be cheaper to go somewhere else and get them. Give me a call and tell me how much you need and I can find out for you to see if I can get my hands on some.

·
Registered
496 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by brian:
George, ya, I can try, but it would probably be cheaper to go somewhere else and get them. Give me a call and tell me how much you need and I can find out for you to see if I can get my hands on some.</font>
Cool i'll call ya this week. Basically I need the full oil in and return lines with the fittings for the block, t lines etc. Also need the water line fittings etc.

Talk to you soon.
George

1 - 8 of 8 Posts