SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
according to se-r.net, our tach meters are off by about 600~ rpm near indicated redline (same goes for most other cars).

the redline, as listed by nissan, is 7500rpm. so when we're hitting the red on the stock gauge, we're really only at about 7000rpm?

another question is about the fuel cut off. i've heard that it's 7700rpm. and my car bounces off the limiter at that *indicated* engine speed.

what gives? so in reality our redline is 7000rpm and the fuel cutoff is 7100rpm or so? is the listed production specs true or are our taches deceiving?

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Limited Slip:
Originally posted by brian:
yes, fuel cutoff is 7100 and redline is 7000</font>

i have a classic
lol. I've found the cut-off on most classics with the stock ECU is an *indicated* 7600rpms.

------------------
-Nuke the bastards-

Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli P700z's

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

G

·
0 Posts
My rev limit and fuel cut off says 7750rpm on the stock tach but on my aftermarket tach it says 7500rpms

·
Registered
765 Posts
find out where ur car cuts the fuel off at, then start shifting right before that RPM...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FAST92SE-R:
My rev limit and fuel cut off says 7750rpm on the stock tach but on my aftermarket tach it says 7500rpms</font>
so the actual redline is ~7300rpm then?

G

·
0 Posts
No the stock tach on my car is 250rpms more than what my aftermarket tach says so for me my redline would be 7500rpms.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts