SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i am looking at buying an nx and it has a prblem where the tach won't work. I know i have heard other people on the forum talking about similar problems but has anyone ever figured out what makes it do this?

Hope to hear back soon.
Rick

------------------
92 SE-R w/ CAI by hotshot, Battery relocate by Me, Tunes by Sony and JL, And communications by Icom

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey thanks for the replies guys. Now i can talk this guy down a little further on the price. Replace the tach huh... that oughta be worth a good 300 bucks off the price.

Thanks again guys!

------------------
92 SE-R w/ CAI by hotshot, Battery relocate by Me, Tunes by Sony and JL, And communications by Icom

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah, mine is stuffed although it does work about 20% of the time. I posted ages ago and no-one really seemed to know. I haven't been to worried about it. An auto electrician friend suggested the sensor on the flywheel but I reckon its just the gauge as a smack on the dash fixes it sometimes... i'm not ready to pull it all out to fault fix yet....

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had to replace mine. Unfortunately you have to get a new one from the factory. It's expensive!
Mine was so erratic it was jumping all over the place. Sometimes it seemed to "dance" to my music.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts