SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any body know where i can check the connections?

thanks

·
Registered
504 Posts
Laly said:
any body know where i can check the connections?

thanks
Back of instrument panel and at the ECU.

Mine died a couple years back. Luckily, I had a spare and swapped the needle thingy out. Of course, mine jumped around a bunch (like 0-8000 rpm in 0.1 seconds) before it died completely so yours may be different.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
never had any problems with it, it just died one day. thanks

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
maxQ said:
Back of instrument panel and at the ECU.

Mine died a couple years back. Luckily, I had a spare and swapped the needle thingy out. Of course, mine jumped around a bunch (like 0-8000 rpm in 0.1 seconds) before it died completely so yours may be different.
mine is bouncing around like crazy jumping from 0 to 8000 just like yours, i was thinking of getting those 3 1/4 autometer tach and find some where out of peoples site to put it....

but since u say u switch the needle thing out this might be a good idea

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
So how do you fix this besides check connections? If it's the same for 200sx's...

I put those EBay 'SER' Glow Gauges in. Ever since the Tachometer and Eng. Temp ones don't work. I may have broken the needles. What should I do?

·
ya dig
1,053 Posts
well mine, i hit the dash board one day and the needel jumped to the stoper thing, so like past 9...but it wont go back :(

·
Proud father of two
1,236 Posts
After purchasing a new (used) cluster and swapping it. My tach was still dead. The problem was the ECU. I switched the ECU and the tach came back to life immediately.

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
Yup, didn't take me longer than 30-45 minutes to change out everything, and it was the first time I ever took out the cluster.

Just pull the clear plastic cover from the cluster, and then you can expose the back of the gauges. The tachometer itself is held in by a few screws. Its self explanatory really, once you see it. I bought the whole gauge cluster for $40 at a junkyard, pulled it apart, saw how easy it was, then had at it in my car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts