SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, when I changed my taillights I think too much of that black sticky gooo was lost. I bought a spare set to paint and do the all red mod to them. I just noticed that they are leaking a little into the car now (not sure if happened before, but I know it is happening now).

When is a good replacement for that goo that seals them from the factory? I am gonna swing over to the autoparts store and see what they might have to help seal those really good.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

·
2.0T
559 Posts
cruceno21 said:
Alright, when I changed my taillights I think too much of that black sticky gooo was lost. I bought a spare set to paint and do the all red mod to them. I just noticed that they are leaking a little into the car now (not sure if happened before, but I know it is happening now).

When is a good replacement for that goo that seals them from the factory? I am gonna swing over to the autoparts store and see what they might have to help seal those really good.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
When I replaced my tails with new Tsuru ones for my classic a couple years back I had the same problem. Someone on the SR20 archieves told me about this stuff called 3M Strip Calk. It is the most nastiest sticky stuff you'll ever work with. Use rubber gloves and be prepared to have some turpentine on hand to clean up any mistakes on the car or your skin.

You can get it at Napa. It comes in a blue box that a little wider and longer than a box of red vines. I still have some in my garage, so I can get a part number if you need it. It shouldn't be hard to find.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks I will pick some of that up tomorrow if they have it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts