SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
JDM style
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that its impossible to get taillights for a 200sx..
but ive seen some saab's with taillights that kinda look like the same as ours.. and theyre nice. red on top clear smoke on the bottom.
i think theyll fit with minor adjustments..
lemme know what u think

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
If the SAAB works let me know so I can pick up a set. I've seen some from Hondas that look awfully close to our patterns. Maybe these vendors will wake up and make something else for our cars so we could stop complaining all the time.

------------------
Peter
..on AIM = NyceP26
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU (with correct timing now @ 15TDC),91 INTAKE CAM,
KYB AGX,EIBACH SPORTLINE,
FSTB, F/R X-DRILLED ROTORS,

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DaGenesis:
i know that its impossible to get taillights for a 200sx..
but ive seen some saab's with taillights that kinda look like the same as ours.. and theyre nice. red on top clear smoke on the bottom.
i think theyll fit with minor adjustments..
lemme know what u think
</font>
There is one place that makes clear tails for our car, but youll have ot pay bout 500 for the pair. As for the saab lights. you are right, they look similar, but i think they may be a little too small. I think it would take a lot of modification. That and oyull prolly have to pay a fortune for em. But go ahead and try it out and let us know

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
There is a place that wanted to sell me some clear tails for the 200sx se-r. They wanted $160 bucks. I will look into it if anyone is interested.

Mark
96 SR20 SE-R

·
Registered
56 Posts
i was lookin at my new super street magazine and noticed in the nopi ad, under the tail lights, the 200sx is listed. are they refering to the older 200? i hope not cuz i was wantin some of those carbon style altezzas. later, derek

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Find that place that makes the clears cause $160 is nothing if they come in half red and clear. Some of the lights out now for other cars go for as much as $300. Find that place and see if they do make it and let everybody know. I'll be down if they do.

------------------
Peter
..on AIM = NyceP26
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU (with correct timing now @ 15TDC),91 INTAKE CAM,
KYB AGX,EIBACH SPORTLINE,
FSTB, F/R X-DRILLED ROTORS,

·
Registered
424 Posts
I was just looking at importfan's new site and there a pic of S2000 tailights on a 200Sx. They look good, hell if they don't come out with the coarbon fiber altezza's I'll probly do the tail light conversion.

·
Registered
56 Posts
WHAT KIND OF F***ING TAILS ARE THOSE?!?! THAT'S EXACLTY WHAT I WANTED!!! are they a custom job? i hope not! anyone know the price? who makes em? where to buy em? how hard to install?
later,
derek

·
Registered
56 Posts
custom??? NOOOOOOOO.........why? WHY?!?! oh the humanity........

how much would a custom job like that run? probably tooooo much for a poor college student, huh? anyone know of easy conversions that doesn't require too much body work???

gotta go type a paper that was due yesterday....OOPS!
derek

·
Registered
441 Posts
A wing on the rear windshield...yeck!

There is a wing made by VIS racing that is flush with the trunk. It's called the Falcon Spoiler. This would give the car a clean yet slightly flashy look. You might be able to find it here http://www.visracing.com

BTW..the paint job on that car is OK. I saw the car in broad daylight and the color changing effect was barely seen from 2 cars behind it. Sucks to be him when the body pieces hit the road w/ all that molding.

It is smooth though...as smooth as a baby's (__|__)

------------------
Rice...yummy in my tummy

[This message has been edited by CruznSER (edited 04-21-2001).]

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteSER:
This car looks a lot better without the wing. Special thanks goes out to everyone who help at clubsi in the photoshop forum

</font>
Looks, ok, i know those guys can do better though! There is still wing left on the right side, on the trunk, and the shadow is still there on the left side, oh well its better then i could do lol.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
JDM style
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
some one at the 200sx forum at aerokits.homestead.com (importfan.com) said that some company was looking into making altezza taillights ..
i havnt heard from him since though
plus with all the cars out now with altezza's, id be fine with half red/half clear
i see those things on trucks and the s10 pickups!!
oh well
later

·
JDM style
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
some one at the 200sx forum at aerokits.homestead.com (importfan.com) said that some company was looking into making altezza taillights ..
i havnt heard from him since though
plus with all the cars out now with altezza's, id be fine with half red/half clear
i see those things on trucks and the s10 pickups!!
oh well
later

1 - 20 of 23 Posts