SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple weeks ago on April 18th, I was heading into work on the usual morning drive. In some sudden stop highway traffic I got rear-ended. Wasn't too bad for me, could have been a lot worse. I stopped (just shy of hitting a VW in front of me) and the '00 Corolla stopped behind me (locking a little brakes in doing so). Unfortunetly, the Explorer behind it didn't stop so well. If you've ever seen an Explorer front end and a Corolla rear next to each other, the bumpers don't match up very well regarding height. Well this Explorer mauled the Corolla's rear and pushed it into my brand new '01 Sentra SE. I've made one payment on my car, and I got hit.
My bumper took a beating and the underlying body panel took some damage (my closed trunk isn't level with the rest of the body). After having to beat a few kinks out of the insurance companies to get things going, I finally got my car into the shop. Estimated about $800-900 worth of damage. I called today, and they said they found about $600 more work to do. So, I'm stuck with this rental, a '00 Grand Am SE V6. It's nice, but I want my Sentra back.
To just brighten my day
I roll into work this morning (still in the damn rental) only to find out I've been laid off!
Apparently my job "has been eliminated due to the declining economy." Man, I just can't get a break, can I...
Sorry for the rant, but I had to rant somewhere. I'm expecting to get my car back Tuesday, but we'll see...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cripes bloke.... hate to hear about bang up stories, but worse to hear about the job. I can not stand this torrent economy and have taken a nasty finacial hit. I just hope you get your ride back soon and the shop has it sorted for you. Things can only get better..... right? Best of luck.

·
Registered
145 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2001 Sentra SE:

To just brighten my day
I roll into work this morning (still in the damn rental) only to find out I've been laid off!
Apparently my job "has been eliminated due to the declining economy."
</font>
Man, that stinks...a lot of companies are going through it right now. We just lost a third of our engineering department due to layoffs, fortunately, I was not one of them. I hope they gave you a good severance package

------------------
-----------Josh
'93 NX2000
not quite stock

·
Registered
705 Posts
Man you had a shitty week. Best of luck in your future.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts