SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a stock talon turbo and intercooler work/fit on a 97 SE-R? The turbo is off a 91 Talon. I'm pretty sure it won't because my friend Mark was going to run his with one off an eclipse and he said he was pretty sure that Hass said it wouldn't work. Just wondering since Jay is unavailable to ask right now.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, cool thanks man. I dunno, the turbo is off a friend of mines talon that has pretty high miles, so I'm not sure its really worth it to even bother with it. I think I'll just run juice for this year til I save up enough coin for the F-max.

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 97 Black SER:
Will a stock talon turbo and intercooler work/fit on a 97 SE-R? The turbo is off a 91 Talon. I'm pretty sure it won't because my friend Mark was going to run his with one off an eclipse and he said he was pretty sure that Hass said it wouldn't work. Just wondering since Jay is unavailable to ask right now. </font>
Ryan the Mitsu T25 has it's own flange that is Mitsu specific. It will not bolt on to a garretty manifold. Basically you will have to get an adaptor from XS engineering that allows the Mitsu guys to run a garret turbo and flip it around. Then you will need a whole lot of other custom parts to make it work. I think you can do it but the question is, is it worth it and are you going to spend almost as much as an F-Max stage I kit.

If your serious about going turbo let me know and don't spend another dime on bolt ons.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I posted on thepike.net tech forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts