SR20 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took the big bad GA back to the track the other night in the quest for a 12 second pass for an NPM article. Was a 75 degree night at the local strip. I made 5 passes total 4 of them in the 12's.

My last 3 passes were as follows. [email protected], [email protected], & [email protected]

Here's the #'s from the best pass.

60' 1.855
330' 5.341
1/8 8.212
MPH 86.59
1000' 10.642
1/4 12.733
MPH 107.75

I have video footage and slips but those will be posted in the NPM article. I figured I'd share this with my lame free brethren, but please do not share this with anyone on the regular forum as it will be in an upcoming article of NPM.

LET THE GA BASHING COMMENCE!!!!!!

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
good job man!! Not bad for a 1.6L

Dont listen to the pole smoker JP,

DRAG racing to him is seeing if he can get into his dress and wig faster than his queer buddies, before goin out to the local gay bars.

·
Tools on order
1,758 Posts
NX$paniard said:
good job man!! Not bad for a 1.6L
Dont listen to the pole smoker JP,
DRAG racing to him is seeing if he can get into his dress and wig faster than his queer buddies, before goin out to the local gay bars.
minus the pole smoker comment that was pretty funny. ;)

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
wes said:
Probably close... I think I would make 270-280ish @ 15 PSI on the dyno.
I made 250whp running out of fuel/MAF at 12 psi, and hit a [email protected] with 10psi.

I wonder if those slicks were hurting your MPH. When my SE-R had the T25, I was shifting at just past 7000rpm and went from 105 to 107mph. Does your dyno curve fall off at higher RPM?

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rockwood said:
I made 250whp running out of fuel/MAF at 12 psi, and hit a [email protected] with 10psi.
I wonder if those slicks were hurting your MPH. When my SE-R had the T25, I was shifting at just past 7000rpm and went from 105 to 107mph. Does your dyno curve fall off at higher RPM?
They are def. hurting my MPH. My speedo indicates high 90's when I trap...

It slightly falls off up top. I usualy shift right at 7K. My HP peaks at 6500 and TQ at 4600. I try to fall back to 4600 when I shift.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
The longer gearing will affect ET more than MPH. You might be having a lower trap speed because slicks cause more drag at high speeds, especially if they're aired down a lot.

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rockwood said:
The longer gearing will affect ET more than MPH. You might be having a lower trap speed because slicks cause more drag at high speeds, especially if they're aired down a lot.
Right. I was running about 13 PSI in them. They are too big for the power I am making but hey the worked OK... I had to feather it all through first to keep from bogging on the 1-2 shift.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
wes said:
Right. I was running about 13 PSI in them. They are too big for the power I am making but hey the worked OK... I had to feather it all through first to keep from bogging on the 1-2 shift.
I got the best results from oversized slicks at 18psi, surprisingly. I had them at 13psi, but they would lose nearly all air pressure by the end of the run (older slicks, no screws) so I aired them up to 18psi to keep them from seperating at high speed, and they worked great with just the right wheelspin on a clutch drop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.