SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i want to hear from those who own both. i cant decide whether or not the SS's are neccessary, not to mention worth the extra money. im running GC camber plates so im gonna pick up the adapted for the teins. im gonna get the motivational real mounts as well so hopefully i will have some more reasonable wheel travel. with that said im mainly interested in the importance of adjusting dampening. give me your opinions please. oh and i live in western PA and the roads are hell. the ebay special coilovers have to go. thanks guys.

·
Registered
805 Posts
i have the SS's and i have never really messed with adjusting them. However, i was able to dial in what i thought was comfortable and leave it. with the basics you may not completely like where its set and you wont be able to change that.

also... the Moti rear mounts arent necissary. the teins are shortened already. the moti's wont hurt... but if you get them make sure you get the non coilover ones. teins are made to work with your factory stuff.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone else?

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I had Tein Basics on my B15 for about half a year, with about 1.75 drop. I live in PA (eastern, but all our roads are bad), and the ride was fine. Granted I was more careful not to hit potholes when possible, but sometimes that monster hole was unavoidable and they handled it fine. My only gripe was with the rears taking bumps and such a little harsher. I bought Moti rears but never installed them, so I can't give you any first-hand experience with those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts