SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I hurt tires
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 SE-R and am looking to lower it. I don't autocross or do anything that demands a super suspension. All I want is a nice lowered stance with a reasonable ride quality, my car is driven daily. I want to get rid of the ugly front wheel gap and the only springs I have seen to do that is Tein. My question is, has anyone used the Tein springs with the AGX struts. I am debating which springs to get, S-Tech(-2.4front,-1.5rear) or H-Tech(-2front, -.6rear). I really like the look the S-Tech give but am affraid the drop is to severe. The H-Techs is what I am leaning twords at this point but I have heard no feed back on those. Let me know what you think. Any feed back is helpful. Pictures are appreciated. Thanks.

Andrew

·
Registered
527 Posts
I had that set up a while ago. I would choose H&R springs instead of those Tein s-techs. Don't know anything about the H-techs though.

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
I will be running the Gab's (AGX) with the Stechs. I have the rear installed so far and it looks great so far. I still have about an 1 3/4 gap. The fronts won't be done for a couple weeks. I'll let you know how it goes. I'd say buy the H Techs. Thats what I really want. If you install them and decide the front isn't low enough I'll trade you my S Tech fronts for the H Tech front's. I 'd like the stiffer spring rate of the H techs up front.

·
SR20JET POWERED!!!
1,819 Posts
I think if your not going to autocross the car i wouldnt get agxs because you wouldnt need the adjustability. Just get the tein basic coil overs, there about 750 plust shipping, the height adjustable and thats all you want. I have agxs and ground controls on my car and the rear is sooo loud because i have the aluminum top hats. Im thinking about the basic dampeners because i dont think im gonna auto x and from what ive heard its a sweet street set up.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Wassup, just got my s-techs and kyb agx's in today. ill let u know when i get them installed.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Got the springs and shocks on. Looks much better than the eibachs. Also the ride is not as harsh. A little on the bouncy side but, i have the agx's on the lowest setting.

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
GET TEIN S-TECH and AGX's...my girl has them on her 200 and love them..sits nice and ride is beautiful.

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
200SX SE-R WV said:
Got the springs and shocks on. Looks much better than the eibachs. Also the ride is not as harsh. A little on the bouncy side but, i have the agx's on the lowest setting.
The lowest settins in the rear are less dampening than stock. 1 in the front is newar stock. Try 3 and 5.

·
95NismoB14grl
1,492 Posts
My girls car....hehe although i do drive it alot when we go out....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts