SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As long as the weather stays good and work permits I will be trailering my car up to the track day... Teckademics is having a huge meet and cruise to Maryland International Raceway.... I need some help since i have never taken this car to the track i just have a few questions on running it, any help much appreciated
Here is what i have.....
92 Classic SE-R with U13 Bluebird
Stock motor only have Front Mount, 3 inch downpipe which i will run off for track, JWT popcharger and Tuned Emanage for 15psi.

My questions are....
If i run slicks what RPM do i launch at?
If i cant get slicks what street tire (Kuhmo 711) RPM do you guys launch?
What RPMs are you shifting at through the gears?
Should I run race gas? Would it help?

Thats all i can think of right now if you have any other tips they would be appreciated too.... thanks for any help i used to have an automatic 2001 GT mustang so all i had to do was floor it at the track haha alot easier. Thanks guys.... hopefully a low 13 sec if i can get those slicks is what ive been reading.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
On slicks, you'll want to launch at 5,000rpm or so. You can go higher, but only if your clutch can take it and you have 8" wide slicks.

Shift at 7,000rpm. You might gain a tenth by shifting 2-4 gears at 6,750rpm or so.

On street tires...ugh...you'll have to launch down around 3,000rpm maximum. If you get *any* wheelhop *at all*, abort the run and try again. Wheelhop will kill your tranny in a heartbeat.

On slicks...13s are easy. Have fun and good luck.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are meeting Friday April 9th at like Fedex field.... i dont know all the details but it is going to be HOT. If you want more info email me and ill keep you updated.... thanks for the replies so far.... I saw one guy on the timeslip section ran a 12.96 or something on like my mods is that possible for my car or shuold i just expect to hit like 13.3 or 13.4s??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.