SR20 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Thanks for a great time! I think everyone I met or hung out with had a great time. Cept for maybe Ray who apparently had a Pube caught in his zipper ;)

Anyway I am looking forward to Georgia!

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Thanks for a great time! I think everyone I met or hung out with had a great time. Cept for maybe Ray who apparently had a Pube caught in his zipper ;)

Anyway I am looking forward to Georgia!
Between that, and asking if Greg had the shifts in the Vette on layaway, those had my stomach hurting from laughing.

·
#TranceFamily
598 Posts
Thank you for the great time at serca. I couldnt make it to the track event :-( But was there saturday and sunday for the picnic

This was my 1st SERCA event and it wont be my last. I really had an awesome time at the picnic, the food was great....it was delicious. Good Times hanging out with people from the forum. The raffle was fun and great prizes.

I wish we had name those "hello my name is...." name tags. lol.

See you guys next year in Georgia....yes I'll be there!!!! serca you got my support for 09.

When will the shirts/stickers being shipped out?

·
Mr. Grumpypants
1,277 Posts
Yes... George, Lesley, Greg, David, Sarah... thanks.

Most importantly though thanks to those that actually showed up. So many people talked after Chicago about how great Vegas will be and so few of those people actually showed up! It just goes to show that with this group you have to be careful about the "plan it and they will come" approach. I hope 2009 can be successful

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Yes... George, Lesley, Greg, David, Sarah... thanks.

Most importantly though thanks to those that actually showed up. So many people talked after Chicago about how great Vegas will be and so few of those people actually showed up! It just goes to show that with this group you have to be careful about the "plan it and they will come" approach. I hope 2009 can be successful

Yeah, where were those people who said they were 100% there?

·
Mr. Grumpypants
1,277 Posts
Yeah, where were those people who said they were 100% there?
They couldn't make it because it was too expensive. They'll def be there next year though. Or maybe we should have a convention in their backyard so it'll be convenient for them? :rolleyes:

·
RE-F/ING-TIRED:)
1,318 Posts
a special thanks

should go to Sarah and David, George and Lesley for their perseverance. thanks to Greg V for organizing the sign up, tracking attendee's #'s, keeping us informed and for the raffle prizes.
i never thought a track day could wear me out like it did. fyi, my car recuperated overnight and was fine for the 1100+ mile drive home.
long live Nissan!

·
aka the OG VspecSER
693 Posts
should go to Sarah and David, George and Lesley for their perseverance. thanks to Greg V for organizing the sign up, tracking attendee's #'s, keeping us informed and for the raffle prizes.
i never thought a track day could wear me out like it did. fyi, my car recuperated overnight and was fine for the 1100+ mile drive home.
long live Nissan!
It was nice meetin you Ric and shootin the shiet. You got a fast little B14 there with the VE and I just tried to stay in front of you but you were gaining ground each lap. Damn that slipping clutch!!! *shakes fist* hehe
Make sure you leave the B14 home when the next time they predict a snowstorm! haha

·
Registered
1 Posts
long live Nissan!
Glad to hear you made it home safely .. What you mean it recuperated?? Was it running funny on you?

Amber
NX2K VVL All N1 Parts Track Car

·
1,318 Posts
Glad to hear you made it home safely .. What you mean it recuperated?? Was it running funny on you?

Amber
NX2K VVL All N1 Parts Track Car
the VE ran fine but, evidently my b14 likes cool (nw type) weather:) i had some minor clutch slipping issues early on. the act hd pp has over 110k miles on it, after all. but that was remedied by a little short shifting (7k or so). after the 5th session the brakes were getting overheated (fluid fade i think). a mushy pedal. the next morning though it felt almost as good as before we started. the engine coolant temps had me worried all day also. even with the heater on full blast (hot) i saw temps of 220*-224*. this winter all the a/c junk comes out. and i'm thinking about a koyo.
it did manage some damn good mpg"s on the way back. Reno to Roseburg, Or.= 401 miles on 10.7gals. thats like 37.5 mpg over several mountain passes:)

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
I managed 29 mpg in the Evo following Kojima on the way back!

Good thing I only did one session in the Evo.... I just noticed I corded one of the tires :eek: Time to mount the new ones!

·
aka the OG VspecSER
693 Posts
Sweet....my little 16yo car did ~34mpg driving 80-90mph the whole way back to the Bay...37.5mpg is dayam impressive!

Ric: what kinda brake fluid are you using? Maybe its time for a flush and put soem fresh Motul RBF in there!

·
1,318 Posts
it's got valvoline syn power fluid in it. it was fresh 6 months ago when i installed the goodridge brake lines. the brake fluid flush/upgrade will come this spring. and someone needs to invent rubber parts that won't melt under those conditions:(

·
Mr. Grumpypants
1,277 Posts
and i'm thinking about a koyo.
I have a CRAPPY copper radiator that everyone told me wouldn't last. I can't say that I'm all that happy with it but a Nismo thermostat and water wetter help me forget about being cheap when I got the radiator and went the copper route. Oh, the radiator is about 7 years old now and seen SEVERAL track events. Problem with the nismo t-stat is that it is really hard to get the car to warm up if you'll be driving in temps below 20 or so

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Sorry that Monica and I couldn't make it, guys.. :( We were wiped out by Hurricane Gustav, and things have just been chaotic here. Hope you all had a great time..

Travis & Monica Burelle

·
Proud Italian
1,779 Posts
Sounds like a blast. I loved Chicago..it was my first but do to recent crap at my job i knew i could not make it. If things straighten out by Georgia i would love to make it there.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts