SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to thank everybody on this list who helped me w/my posts... last night I finally got my seat fixed!!!!!! There was a [email protected]#$%^%^^&^%&^ penny lodged in the track, and I finally rocked the seat hard enough to bend it in half and release the seat. This list has helped me a lot, not only in fixing my tired NX, but also with everybody's opinions on mods, etc... So THANKS!!!!!
Anyway, enough mushy stuff- I am thinking about trading my NX for a '94 Nissan SE V-6 auto Extended cab pickup w/factory sunroof and every option available that year (since I do live in the backwoods (Ozarks) here in Missouri)......... what to do, what to do...... :> )-
TOBY
'93 NX w/a little stuff and thinking of getting a truck, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MarC and CrazyNXracer--- yeah, I know... I've been thinking about it and wish there was a way to have both; I probably could if I wasn't building a house (the wife REALLY wants a bigger one, and you know how persuasive a woman can be...) anyway, I'll probably end up keeping the NX.
CrazyNXracer, I haven't done much in the way of aftermarket; so far all I've done is: new Potenza's, MT90, lost the AIV, did the infamous EGR plug off (until I can find time to clean the tube,) Courtesy STB,ES Torque set and new Nissan pass. side mount, Matrix pedals, ghetto airbox w/K&N panel filter, full tune up, and new Bosch O2 sensor. I REALLY want an underdrive crank pulley, a header, and new exhaust (cat-back.) If I keep it, I intend to put on a set of AGX's and paint it black instead of the crappy slate paint I have now.
That was kind of fun (listing all the mods...) what do yall have, and what do you think was the best upgrade???
TOBY
'93 NX Needing Fast Stuff!!! (and
struts> ) :> )-

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NXDUDE
got to love these NX's. I have a black 93 w/ Pop charger, SS Blitz filter w/heat shield, minor custom exhaust, Barr-Diing plug wires, advanced timing, ACT clutch, JWT flywheel, broken EGR sysem (now I pass the sniffer), micro battery, 2 JWT engine mounts, 2 Energy S. black graphite Poly mount inserts, rebuild and cryoed and welded trany, black graphite Poly suspension bushings, Poly steering rack bushings, Powerestop x-drilled fronts, Axis pads, 2nd frame welded under car, GAB shocks, Eibach springs, Profec-B and timer (waiting for turbo install), chopped shifter =) w/MOMO knob, Enkie wheels, and a few more bits. It's nice finding others who enjoy these NXs.

My favorite mod was the JWT flywheel. Hands down.

[This message has been edited by cossie (edited 04-19-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i agree with marC, what mods do you have again? hehe

------------------
92 NX2000, pop charger, 2.25" cat-back exhaust with Naxos muffler,JDM intake manifold, MSD 6A with master blaster 2 coil, 50-75 shot nos, and 17" enkei suzuka's

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cossie your car sounds BADASS... How much is a lightened flywheel roughly, and how did it help (did it rev quicker, gain h.p., both??)
What tha hell are "Barr-Diing" plug wires???
Have you thought about going NOS, or are you gonna go straight to a turbo??? I would like a 50 shot (to even the score with the assload of 5.0's around here) but I have heard it will smoke the clutch- and since I'm not looking forward to doing the clutch, I am waiting.........
TOBY in Missouri
'93 NX w/ a little stuff and wantin' NOS

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CrazyNXracer could you tell me about your NOS setup??? I'm wantin' to eventually put it on my car, but I'm not sure it will handle it. Also, have you ever heard of the Sneaky Pete setup??? I had a buddy who had it on a big ole' 4x4 Jeep and it was pretty cool (if you don't know, a Sneaky Pete is a 50 horse shot w/ a one shot bottle you can hide under your seat-retails for $150 through Summit.)Anyway, what do you think??? (besides that I'm nuts......)
Thanks..
TOBY in the backwoods of Missouri driving an NX that everyone says "Whut in thu hell is that cawr yer drivin' sonny?" when they see it.......

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car is pretty quick when it wants to be. The flywheel ($500) though.... oh yah!!! now we are talking. That baby revs with a blip. The only down side so far is the hard launch. I need a few extra RPM to launch it hard out of the whole, but it's worth it. Now I have tried a few clutchs and spent some $$ on them =\. The factory one was good so I tried the dual fiction (friction) center force (no center force weights on ours). It was good at 1st and them slip slip slip. Next, some bad advice from a shop here in FL. He said it was a streetable clutch ($400+). Double diaphram, 3 ceramic puck, unsprung disc. Oh crap! this thing is a bitch and tore the car apart. Race OLNY!!!! Next piece of junk from Broward Clutch (out of business I hear. $250+). 30% over pressure plate and 9 puck ceramic sprung disc. Slllllip, slip slip..... from new!!!! I'm not the only one that had one of these. They put together a bad combo. Pressure plate was to weak for ceramic pucks. The final winner... ACT street clutch ($220+ through work) good for 236lb feet. This clutch rules... little stiffer then factory. Exedy organic disc w/42% over plate. JWT is right about using a 30% plate with the factory disc. good for 200lb feet. I know this is long winded... sorry.
The Barr-Diing wires.... from a company called Focus. These wires have a solid, strand core and a big black thing that has a gap inside which creates more voltage. They work well. No caps or resistors to go bad. One of my blokes with a Type R (grrrrrrr) loves them. I'll try to get more info on the company as I have left that job.
NOS...???? not for me..... I have a turbo in a box short only a JWT chip and time to install it. A 50 shot is good though. May need to drop one heat range on the plugs. Check out the "General SR20DE forum" under "spark plus and nitrous". The 2 hard things about NOS would be, keeping the bottle from being used up in a single adictive hour and second, uping the jet size for more power. A 60 shot is fine with a little extra fuel and colder plugs. Let us know what you do. Good luck.

Dust some Stangs hard.... NOS!!!

[This message has been edited by cossie (edited 04-20-2001).]

·
Registered
883 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NXDude:
I am thinking about trading my NX for a '94 Nissan SE V-6 auto Extended cab pickup w/factory sunroof and every option available that year (since I do live in the backwoods (Ozarks) here in Missouri)......... what to do, what to do...... :> )-
TOBY
'93 NX w/a little stuff and thinking of getting a truck, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............
</font>
Hey, get the truck, and do this to it. Keep it in the family.

------------------

Kris94G20™

[This message has been edited by kbslacker (edited 04-23-2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts