SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...getting nitrous
Damn I told myself I would never do it and even made fun of my friends for talking about it but after loosing 20 duckets in a race the other night it is the only fast HP... so I think I will save for a bit and get the JWT set-up...then save for a turbo...

what is a good set-up for a '93 SE-R??? like what shot?

I will run a search also...thanks.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Sheabird;

The JWT is an excellent system, but costs well over $1,000. You *could* go for the NOS brand single fogger 'wet' setup (which was my first setup), for about $500. This is good to about 60hp or so, which will easily get you in the 14s in the 1/4 mile.
I upgraded mine to a direct-port system, and am in the 13s (based on my 8.95 run in the 1/8 mile last week).
Just a suggestion.

------------------
Greg Perry, '93 SE-R w/ 149,000 miles, JWT pop, header, ProActive
clutch, ST bar, NOS direct-port 75hp, Autopower 4-point roll bar/harnesses.
[email protected] 1/4 mile, [email protected] 1/8 mile, 1.98 60-ft.

My SE-R page, with videos

·
Registered
487 Posts
The ZEX kit is nice. Its computer controlled and monitors fuel pressure for safety. It automatically cuts nitrous off when things don't look too good. It comes with 55/65/75 shot jets, and its a breeze to install. Its also pretty cheap. I installed one in my buddy's NX2000 and it was easy, made lots of power, and looks cool!

------------------

·
Registered
94 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sheabird:
...getting nitrous
Damn I told myself I would never do it and even made fun of my friends for talking about it but after loosing 20 duckets in a race the other night it is the only fast HP... so I think I will save for a bit and get the JWT set-up...then save for a turbo...
</font>
Hehe, was this the Prelude race that you were talking about in the "Kill Forum?" If so, why did you race for money with passengers in the car?

I'd like to suggest that you should at least try tuning the car before adding any more modifications. Perform a compression test. Get some dyno tuning done. Also, check the weight of the car, and pull out any loose, weight-robbing items. I'm trying to diagnose a similar "somewhat slow" SE-R problem, and this is the route I'm taking. My first dyno session produced good results, oddly enough - the car just seems to be a bit on the "portly" side for some reason. I understand your frustration.

If you're willing to wait, I suggest that you give the JWT C3 cams a try when they're available (or maybe the C1 or C2 cams - these are available now, if I'm not mistaken.) If the cams don't help much, I'm sure you can easily find a buyer...

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Damn JWT!

The C cams are the reason I don't want to spend money right now on a S3/S4 protocol ECU.

I am going to wait until people start to get the C cams installed and see the results. Naji is getting the setup I would get. I am still waiting for info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts