SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
B13/P11
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he gave me a repair order and a $50 fine.then he said any local shop will just write the ticket off but i would eventually get caught again

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
I dislike cops as well...always pulling me over for stupid little ****...

-Josh

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
I hate cops, always pulling me over for running red lights, stops signs and speeding! What the hell!

I especialy hate all the really good things they do for us.
yeah and i love these threads "i was speeding and i got pulled over. WTF!"

·
Registered
529 Posts
I am just waiting for it

My stock muffler is gone and I am not running a front plate

gotta love those MD troopers

·
Registered
774 Posts
haha..... md troopers strike again. Alot of the time I get pulled over for things like that. Guess running a straight 3"pipe from the turbo back and an N1 staring them in the face is an open invitation for the classic 55 dollar get your exhaust fixed son ticket. :D But then again it's always fun when a cop comes up to you and says you think your car's fast enough to beat me and you have the balls to smile at him and say yes sir.... I do believe so. Talk about asking for another ticket. Cops in MD are decent though.... just been cracking down on ricers alot lately and they group us in that category as well just because of the sound cause I have no cosmetic work done what so ever on my car and because of what all my cop friends tell me. Just do what I do...pay the ticket and wait till next week for the next time you get pulled over for the weekly convo about your car with the local law enforcement. Oh by the way never mention the fact that you're not running a cat or resonator to a cop when he's asking about performance mods to compare against his 91 se-r. There seems to be a rather large fine for that in this state. :D

David

·
Tired Greasemonkey
1,384 Posts
I recently got a b.a.r. newsletter that stated 90% of the loud exhaust tickets that are given, PASS the referee decibel test, so 90% of the cops giving those tickets don't know how loud is legal. kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

·
B13/P11
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when i was pulled over a 5.0 stang came rumbling by but that didnt seem to faze the cop. he told me that all the troopers are tryin to crack down on all the "hooked up" cars.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I don't have any problems with local cops from 12am-6am

those cops all know that I am not really causing any problems, but get on their bad side and they will be so far up your ass

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Creagach said:
I recently got a b.a.r. newsletter that stated 90% of the loud exhaust tickets that are given, PASS the referee decibel test, so 90% of the cops giving those tickets don't know how loud is legal. kinda makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Yeah...aint that retarded. But, the law says...its the cops 'judgement' that decides if its too loud or not. Show's how much they really know :rolleyes:

·
Registered
989 Posts
NEEDaSE-R said:
he gave me a repair order and a $50 fine.then he said any local shop will just write the ticket off but i would eventually get caught again
I feel your man. 2 weeks ago, i got pulled over for a loud exhaust. The cop told that I was illegal. Wrote me a tkt for not only for the illegal exhaust, no EO#'s for the intake and header. Blah!!!

So today, i am reinstalling my OEM header and intake. My ticket with corrections and sign off from the smog ref, $240. Without corrections $336. Plus the cop dinged me for not having front license plate.

My smog, comes up in August, leaving the OEM stuff on till I pass visual and sniffer test.

You got away will murder, a $50 fine and a repair order.

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
One of my friends got an exhaust ticket, he goes to pay it, it wasnt even in the sytem, and the statue # he wrote on it, doesnt even exist.

·
Registered
703 Posts
NEEDaSE-R said:
Huh......here we go again, back in the day I got pulled over for my exhaust on my 200, (had the stillen muff back then) the cop said his usually BS of why i was pulled over and said to take it to any inspection station to get it fixed, so i took it to a local shop and the tech failed it because the muffler was too "Loud" and it was "Not" OEM or equivelent per the MD rule book, so i asked them what is considered equivelent? They gave me a BS answer, not to mention that MD do not have a DB level requirement for exhaust, so i contacted the state trooper who was incharge of that particular shop, i met the tropper at the shop, the trooper made them put my car on the lift, he looked at what i had (headers and stillen muffler) looked at the tech and said "pass it" the trooper told me that as long as i do not reroute the exhaust piping any different from OEM (make dual exhaust or something) Im ok, he took pictures of my headers and said they are legal.

A few months later i saw the same cop who wrote me the ticket, but this time I had the Greddy exhaust gleaming in his face........What!

Another cop pulled me for my exhaust and asked what size it was, i said 60MM, he had the DUH look on his face........

·
Registered
989 Posts
Well, got the Pasesetter header off. Putting the OEM header back on with new exhaust bolts and studs. Anti-seize stuff on all bolts and nuts. Tomorrow I will complete it . What a drag! I'm glad I can do this myself. But I still must pay that fine. What a joke. Later.

·
boosting
1,454 Posts
well, seems like he could have been much more of a jerk and hassled you more, I would say you got off easy, he was just doing his job, is your exhaust excessively loud?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts