SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a great little write up on the NX in SCC, its done pretty good. You all should check it out.

------------------
Kris94G20™

G

·
0 Posts
wow for the amount of money he spent for just a 13.5 1/4 mile time, jesus, i would expect it to do 11's or even into the 10's

·
Registered
858 Posts
that's the time on slippery street tires. too much power for them. but add slicks and skinnies to the rear, there's no doubt this car can't get low 12's high 11's. remember there are some sr20de's with fmax turbo kits running 12's Right Jay! and this is a sr20ve with a kit .this guy must be loaded. wish I had the money for an M5 400 hp.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I was wondering what ever happened to Bubba Zinetti's project SR20VE. gotta love the drive! truly awesome.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

G

·
0 Posts
That was also at 15 PSI. He can through in some race gas and turn up the wick!

MarC

·
Registered
782 Posts
This car is an Automatic SR20VE w/ FMAX kit , right? It has a Level 10 tranny in it. You would be surprised on how much power you will lose in an automatic. This car was in San Diego while my car was there back in Nov/Dec 1999. This car was shipped from the East Coast to Mike Smith where he built the bottom end and installed the turbo kit. Very nice looking setup, especially in person.

------------------

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albu...VPD's w/ Mickey Thompson 24x8x13 Slicks(Drag)

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
As far as I know, its one and the same. Im pretty sure on that one. Can check in a little bit.

Now I wonder how much crap is going to be said about us auto boys.

------------------
Thats my opinion and I could be wrong

93 classic
Aztec Red, Automatic, POP, STB, OEC battery tie down, AD22VF's, Pirelli P4000's

·
_______
2,170 Posts
No mystery; Bubba=Carl

BTW, Carl was at Salt Fest with his "stocker", a 5 speed NX2000.

Carl used to participate on this board, but I haven't seen him around lately.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, same guy. I bet he would be putting alot more power down with a 5 speed, but hey, I would drive that auto anyday.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
I met Carl Monopoli in July of '99 at Englishtown, pretty soon after he dropped the new V engine in his NX. He was running mid to high 15's that day or something and I remember asking him why his car was only as quick as mine (I had a '91 SE-R w/ just a couple bolt-ons at the time) and I flipped when I saw it was an automatic! That car hauls A$$

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at
Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

14's this season

G

·
0 Posts
Yep that is carl and he did not even tell any of us up here in the NE that he was going to be in the rag. I dont know him personaly but some of my friend are pretty good friend with him. I was not even introduced at SF and stil have never met him. I live 45 min. from his house too.

------------------
MarC
http://members.home.net/mnmanderson/Publish/
AIM SER96MarC

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
That was what I was thinking. But remember 3 month lead time on the mag so that was probaly taken like in november. But yea he has a GTi-R scoop on the front of the hood now to cool the turbo. Check his page.

·
_______
2,170 Posts
<snip>Even the rims are not a stretch from factory Nissans...

Ah, but on the car, they're light years ahead. I've got the same rims, and by coincidence, I also had them powdercoated silver, and I took off the stickers.

I put wider tires on though. 215-45-15s fit *really* nice into the wheelwell on the NX

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Hey, anyone else notice they didn't even block out Carls license plate # in the pictures? I was suprised!

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at
Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

14's this season

G

·
0 Posts
Just a comment: I like the fact that it LOOKS STOCK. No fancy (read: ugly) bodywork - no wings, no gaping "Shogun-syle-mouths" up front. Even the rims are not a stretch from factory Nissans. Yep, no need to cover up the "egg". We're NX owners...be proud!

Rian

1 - 20 of 26 Posts